Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Evan was denied a scholarship...OMG

As a mother, I would probably do the same thing. But as the injured, I see it from a different perspective. My mother was always very protective and looking out for me. At times I appreciated it and at times it drove me crazy. I can see where Evans mom did what she did but I wrote based on my feelings. It is funny...had this been my own child...I would have probably written the president in the same manner. You NEVER know until you are in someone else's shoes what you will do. I try to stop and think in my writing here but I admit I don't always do this.

Being what I have went through with my own kid....I would still walk through fire not knowing if I would come out on the other end for her. A mother's love is like no other.

I gave up on VR as our local VR office only liked the easy stuff and didn't want to have to exert energy to find out about the opportunities I asked them about. I asked them about trying to get a government job when I was ready to re-locate and the program USA.Gov offers for handicapped and they had no idea what I was talking about. They did not know what kind of certification letter I needed to provide proof of disability. It states on the website that VR can write these letters. I tried for a month and gave up. So VR in my eyes are worthless.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

As a law student with a new SCI I know how hard it can be However I think it would have been for the best if Evan had wrote the senator and explained his situation. He would have gotten more out of the ordeal. Throughout college and life these sorts of situations will arise again, whether they're related to his SCI or not, and he'll need to be able to rise to the challenge. It's clear that you love him very much and he's lucky to have you. However it's good to let him forge his own way, it may be hard at first, but it's for the best.

Also, not trying to start a fight just commenting on an observation, I find it ironic you complain about government services for people and then use the gimp card with your son to get a government service for yourself. You seem frustrated with life and that's understandable, I know I'm not the most happy with the way things are right now and combined with my situation it makes it worse. But it's best to not use other groups as targets for your frustration as it appears you do. It won't help you achieve anything and makes you come across as petty and small minded, which from the work you've done with your son I doubt you are.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by keelee View Post
    As a law student with a new SCI I know how hard it can be However I think it would have been for the best if Evan had wrote the senator and explained his situation. He would have gotten more out of the ordeal. Throughout college and life these sorts of situations will arise again, whether they're related to his SCI or not, and he'll need to be able to rise to the challenge. It's clear that you love him very much and he's lucky to have you. However it's good to let him forge his own way, it may be hard at first, but it's for the best.

Also, not trying to start a fight just commenting on an observation, I find it ironic you complain about government services for people and then use the gimp card with your son to get a government service for yourself. You seem frustrated with life and that's understandable, I know I'm not the most happy with the way things are right now and combined with my situation it makes it worse. But it's best to not use other groups as targets for your frustration as it appears you do. It won't help you achieve anything and makes you come across as petty and small minded, which from the work you've done with your son I doubt you are.
    I agree w/ everything you said 100%!!!

I thought the exact same thing but never took the time to reply...
    Today is one day closer to The Cure

Quote Originally Posted by JayHarn3 View Post
    I agree w/ everything you said 100%!!!

I thought the exact same thing but never took the time to reply...
    I wonder if you ever plan to go to work. If a 32 year old student isn't playing the gimp card what is?

Quote Originally Posted by keelee View Post

No,she is not complaining about people using govt services who happen to be citizens,but like most of us she resents illegals getting our hard earned tax dollars. The elderly and disabled are doing without because of Medicaid payments for illegitimate births and those of illegal aliens. No offense,but until you actually go to work and start paying an income tax,who are you to criticize Evan'sMom?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Wheeler View Post
    No,she is not complaining about people using govt services who happen to be citizens,but like most of us she resents illegals getting our hard earned tax dollars. The elderly and disabled are doing without because of Medicaid payments for illegitimate births and those of illegal aliens. No offense,but until you actually go to work and start paying an income tax,who are you to criticize Evan'sMom?
    Whether illegals use services or not is irrelevant. However, bringing that up in a letter making a case for your son's scholarship was pointlessly irresponsible. Not only that, but the letter overall reflects terribly on the son. It sells her son short and grossly undermines his potential. Lucky for him, they still gave him the scholarship.

I wonder if you ever plan to go to work. If a 32 year old student isn't playing the gimp card what is?
    wow, rough.

eta: I know people our age (early 30's) who are in school that aren't dis. I think your statement is super judgemental, HW.
    Last edited by feisty; 10-05-2011 at 12:40 AM.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    wow, rough.

eta: I know people our age (early 30's) who are in school that aren't dis. I think your statement is super judgemental, HW.
    I suggest you both go to work! Going to school is not a job. We need more people paying their own way. Get up every morning and be at work at a set time and put in 40-50 hrs per week.Who knows,you may become one of those evil,rich persons Obama wants to pay taxes to support his base. Those that breed like dogs,fail to learn a job skill and depend on we working people for everything. Your 32 yr old student was being judgemental since he was criticizing a tax paying mom for in his opinion playing the gimp card something he has mastered.

I suggest you both go to work! Going to school is not a job. We need more people paying their own way. Get up every morning and be at work at a set time and put in 40-50 hrs per week.Who knows,you may become one of those evil,rich persons Obama wants to pay taxes to support his base. Those that breed like dogs,fail to learn a job skill and depend on we working people for everything. Your 32 yr old student was being judgemental since he was criticizing a tax paying mom for in his opinion playing the gimp card something he has mastered.
    UglyWheeler - Anyone ever mention to you that you're a racist? Cuz, yeah, if you didn't know already, that's what you are.

And I don't think I've come out and directly labeled anyone here a racist. Congrats.

Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg