Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Belittled for parking in a hc spot

Belittled for parking in a hc spot

I was belittled for parking in a hc spot
    My husband and I both served in the Army. I am ab but my husband has a L4 sci and bilateral akas (above knee amputations) received on our last deployment. My husband had an appointment at the hospital and the drop off zone was in use. I parked in a hc spot and let my husband out of the van. I walked him into his appointment, it was right inside and the reason why I wanted to use the drop off zone. I walked back out to the van and was yelled at by a man in a wheelchair. When I explained that my husband was in a wheelchair and I had just dropped him off, he scoffed at me and said you are still in a hc spot, then rolled away. I felt bad, but what else am I supposed to do?

If I am faced with something like this again how should I handle it?

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    get h/c plates.

You should have a HC placard and/or plates. Your husband's doctor can sign a form and you get your placard.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kmatayka View Post
    After you say you just dropped off your husband, if the heckler still continues say, "Bite me." Do not listen to another word, get in the van and drive away.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama

Get plates/placard.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmatayka View Post
    I was belittled for parking in a hc spot
    My husband and I both served in the Army. I am ab but my husband has a L4 sci and bilateral akas (above knee amputations) received on our last deployment. My husband had an appointment at the hospital and the drop off zone was in use. I parked in a hc spot and let my husband out of the van. I walked him into his appointment, it was right inside and the reason why I wanted to use the drop off zone. I walked back out to the van and was yelled at by a man in a wheelchair. When I explained that my husband was in a wheelchair and I had just dropped him off, he scoffed at me and said you are still in a hc spot, then rolled away. I felt bad, but what else am I supposed to do?

Thank you.
    Next time you may want to thank the person first for pointing out this injustice or wrongdoing. Maybe add that there should be more individuals speaking out. Then explain your circumstances. Throw kudos his or her way.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Get Disabled VA plates Kmat. You've both earned it. Smile, you could have a husband with that bad of an attitude.

Welcome Home!!

Placard is on it's way. It has to be mailed to me. We are not currently in our state.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Get Disabled VA plates Kmat. You've both earned it. Smile, you could have a husband with that bad of an attitude.

Welcome Home!!
    Thank you!

I think I am the only one I know of who was attacked by a rabid nutter for NOT using the HC spot. He saw my placard and at the time I was feeling pretty good (I am a walking quad) so I parked in the spot next to the HC spot.

The guy went nuts screaming in the parking lot and attracting a lot of attention making people circle the wagons around me. I started laughing and it just made him madder and madder. He was spitting and yelling incoherently.

You just never know. People are nuts. We will neve be able to do anything right for some people. Let it go.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess