Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: hotels annoy me

And this one http://www.ada.gov/mandalay_bay/mandalayatta.htm

Guest rooms required to be accessible are to be dispersed among the various classes of sleeping accommodations available to guests of the hotel. Factors to be considered include room size, cost, amenities provided and the number of beds provided. Standards ยง9.1.4. There are 50 accessible guest rooms plus 37 additional accessible guest rooms with roll-in showers. However, DOJ contends that they are not adequately dispersed.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    I've wondred what the ADA standards are many times. Not sure what ADA requires, but wouldn't think it requires much considering there are a lot of hotels/inns in National parks that have no accessible rooms/bathrooms. most places have at least one accessible room so they are said to be compliant, even though the room may be one bed and usually taken by an AB.

I believe the one bed only is specifically to allow wheelchair access and to be able to move around. A cot has served it's purpose many times for my traveling companions.

Some have two. I have always wondered those who travel with an aide, what do you do? Sleep with them, do the cot thing?

Are there really that few of us with families????? We aren't allowed different price ranges of rooms like the others. It is no different than the you can only have one companion at the theater rule. At least that is finally changed.

Somewhere someone has to know where you find the wording.

And I hear you state parks are the worst. The accessible cabin we looked at had two bedrooms UPSTAIRS and a sleeper sofa downstairs you could see form the loft. great privacy from the kids no to mention who knows what kind of mess they left up there! Absolutley no way to take a shower.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Glad F. is doing so well this year.......this stinks Addiesue, but try to not let it ruin everything.. I hope you can figure it out for everyone. Let us know what you end up doing.....good luck.

Have you called back and made another pitch for a discount based on what you've learned about the ADA requirements? I've had fairly good luck with that sort of thing.

Blog Entries
    I have had good luck in Hampton Inns and Holiday Inn Express for good accessibility and two beds rather than one.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

It isn't spoiling anything, but I get tired of being separated from our group. I just found out they are booking them on the entire second floor. Rooms are scarce here so of course they don't want to let go of a room.

I am just ready to make changes instead ofalways quietly swallowing the bull we arehanded.

Accessibility in small towns sucks, not just the motels. They plead the financial burden bit. The closest I could stay to my old home town is about 20 miles away at a Comfort Inn. In the town, there are two motels, one with 6 rooms and the other with about 15. I doubt that the rooms are bigger than 10' x 10'.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Accessibility in small towns sucks, not just the motels. They plead the financial burden bit. The closest I could stay to my old home town is about 20 miles away at a Comfort Inn. In the town, there are two motels, one with 6 rooms and the other with about 15. I doubt that the rooms are bigger than 10' x 10'.
    Thats so true, just recently I went to a funeral in Kanosh UT which is a small town, I bet the population is 500. Anyway the only small store in the town had 5 steps and they didn't even have a motel, restaurant or anything. The one place that was accessible was the Morman church. I think whenever you get in to these small towns accessibility is going to be a problem.