Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder can a 100 million fix me?

Wonder can a 100 million fix me?

I was wondering if i came up with a 100 million can i be fixed. Im talking about using the best everything.

100 million US dollars I assume? 100 million Zimbabwean dollars wont get you fixed

Seriously though, it would depend on how you spend it. If spent wisely you could advance the field dramatically without a doubt. But give it to one of our esteemed SCI Organisations then you might find the sum disappears into the abyss.

I have heard on the grapevine that there is a wealthy SCI who has personally paid a number of labs $$$$$$ to 'fix' him. Will it work? I dont know.

One innovative way to spend $100m would be to create a $50m x-prize to cure paralysis and use $50m to fund several teams to compete and win the prize. Incentive-based science!

We often talk of funding. Although the emphasis in disability funding appears to be care centered, we cannot pretend that a lot of money has not gone into research. Just how much goes into admin. executive posts, glossy hype, plush offices etc is always a something we all must ask ourselves. I've heard it commented time and again how luxurious some charity "fronts" are, and from experience I know that we offered a stack of coat hangers to one charity shop, only to be told that they were not quite stylish enough! What's that all about?
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

always wanted to ask this question..

im so serious tho. Im taking bout using the best of the best of everything. Scientist, human neuron stem cells, Wise Young, Hans Kirstaid, TOP SURGENS, EVERYTHING.

you know if someone did find a cure. they would win the nobel prize be on time mag as the man of the year also they will become bill gates rich! this is why a lot of researchers don't share info with others as they claim.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

Simple Answer, 100 million won't fix you. Get on with life, spend it there.

Why do you think the bigwigs want a cure. People with disability is who they make their money off of.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Simple Answer, 100 million won't fix you. Get on with life, spend it there.

Why do you think the bigwigs want a cure. People with disability is who they make their money off of.
    Ummmm, I thought this was a Cure forum! What an ironic statement.

Quote Originally Posted by moneymaker744 View Post
    im so serious tho. Im taking bout using the best of the best of everything. Scientist, human neuron stem cells, Wise Young, Hans Kirstaid, TOP SURGENS, EVERYTHING.
    moneymaker744 - I guess the crux of my message was - we are not yet in a position to back a horse to the tune of $100m.

Hence why the x-prize is an innovative way of incentivising science, encouraging collaboration through competition and bringing more talented researchers into the field.

Or maybe a better answer would be to stick the money in the bank and fund science via the interest accrued.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    Ummmm, I thought this was a Cure forum! What an ironic statement.
    As of this day, Patrick is 110% right. Money CAN help you stay in peak physical condition, get you the best proteins and supplements and stage you to be a great chronic test candidate when something comes along.

If you are hearing anything else, anywhere else, then at best it's anecdotal - worst, a twisted, corrupt sales pitch.
    And the truth shall set you free.