Thread: One-Off Grips

One-Off Grips

I am an incomplete C5 quad and have hand strength issues.
    The One-off presently has a set of standard horizontal grips on it.
    I was thinking of using a set of these grips from Ergon with build in bar ends.
    I am shooting for a little bigger hand platform and having the option of switching over to a pistol grip position.
    Any thoughts or similar equipment?

Attachment 41216

it couldn't hurt to try - I'd ask a bike shop if they could do a quickie install (they just bolt on) for you to try them out as they are not especially cheap.
    i would also turn in your reach screws on your brake levers to move your lever blade closer to your grips, and maybe messing with you brake modulation via the red screw (if you have Avid levers)
    I always thought a drag brake would be good for quads - switch the rear brake to a MTB thumb lever which you would actuate as you need it - it could be set to slow you down on long pitches, allowing you to use your hand strength to better control youself & feather the front brakes - let me know if any of this helps!

Hi Steve, Thank you for the reply,
    I didn’t explain myself very well in my earlier post. I am looking for options on the hand cranks,
    I have seen pictures of One-Off’s with the pistol grips but, have not found them anywhere on line so, I was looking for options.
    I like the grips on my LC-1 road bike and think that the hand position would play better into my strengths.
    I have decent grip strength but, getting my fingers open quickly for the brakes can be spooky.
    Having paralysis issues below the deltoids, I don’t have the brute strength you have and have to rely on gearing.

The link below is a ride I did last summer. The video picks up about and hour into the ride....the arms were starting to wimp out.
    The terrain was very loose and rocky but, it was a good time!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwGlStrMTHs

Quote Originally Posted by Jett View Post
    Hi Steve, Thank you for the reply,
    I didn’t explain myself very well in my earlier post. I am looking for options on the hand cranks,
    I have seen pictures of One-Off’s with the pistol grips but, have not found them anywhere on line so, I was looking for options.
    Rad! nice job!
    You mean like the "T" grips? I take it you have the "trials" grip which is just like a chunk of handle bar?
    Mike used to off the "T" grips, call him - he makes his own pedal/grips.

That said, it's standard pedal threading - you should be able to screw any damn pedal you want on there - keeping in mind that there is a left one & a right one.........helpful? - Steve.

Steve, I Emailed Mike a couple of weeks ago. I am not sure if he is out or maybe, I got the address wrong.
    I will give it another week, than give him a call. He has always been quick to respond in the past.

Yes, I was refering to the T-Grips.

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Jett View Post
    The link below is a ride I did last summer. The video picks up about and hour into the ride....the arms were starting to wimp out.
    The terrain was very loose and rocky but, it was a good time!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwGlStrMTHs

Cool Video!