Thread: Fatigue in public..normal for so long?

Fatigue in public..normal for so long?

I went to my favorite wal-greens(I can still drive) and went inside.

Got toward the pharmacy, spotted the chairs and sat down... I fell asleep to the awakening of the person working the pharmacy 45 minutes later. They wanted to see if I were ok.

I guess I seemed drunk even though they know I have mS.......

Cold sleep for 45 minutes in the middle of Wal-Greens....

Should I be concerned? felt fine after that the rest of the day.

Get your blood glucose checked. High glucose levels can make one very sleepy.

MS? Most of the meds relax the heck out of me...dozed off at work a couple of times. It more sleepy that fatiqued, though.

I've found that 1000mg N-Acetyl Carnitine/twice a day does help with fatique...

When I could still walk I use to get very fatigue. The reason is that my body had to work twice as hard as a normal body person just to walk across a room. This may be the same problem that you are having. Before I knew what condition I had I just thought I was out of shape and lazy. I could never keep up when I was little with other kids my age. I was never good at sports. Now I have an excuse of why I always sucked at sports

Once my spinal cord started to tear due to the tethering I lost my ability to stand even with crutches. I started having to use a wheelchair all the time. I now have very little movement in my legs. However I have a lot more energy and fill a lot better. The reason is that my legs were zapping me of my energy.

I don't know all about your problem. One possibility may be that your legs requires more energy to get you from one place to another. A cane, crutches, or a wheelchair may be what you need. Good Luck!
    I have AVM(artery vein malformation), some leg weakness, use wheelchair some of the time.

I'd mention the episode to your primary care physician (PCP) and your neurologist on your next visits. Early on after I was paralyzed by a spinal stroke I could fall asleep during PT. Now, way too many years later, a hot humid day will knock me out. Do be careful driving if you get a case of the yawns. Better to pull into a shady, well traveled area, crack windows, lock doors and take a break then get yourself or someone else killed. And yes, ask to get your blood sugar tested.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Did that at a friend's house. Bless her heart, she let me sleep while our kids played. It sometimes comes along with whatever ails us. Check to make sure it's nothing worse, then just make sure you stay away from driving when tired.

Really common to have the fatigue with MS. Ever think about taking provigil or ritalin?

Make sure you don't have sleep apnea though. I agree with talking to both your PCP and neurologist about it.

Be sure to get your thyroid function checked too. Hypothyroidism is common in people with MS, and will only make your MS related fatigue worse.

4-AP has been used to treat fatigue in people with MS. You might want to talk about this option with with your neurologist.

(KLD)

I'm sorry I didn't get back to this earlier, but thank you.

Did more testing and found nothing...It was blamed on my being stressed and I went through a complete diet change from an in house nutritionist....it helps heaps! I've lowered my stress too and feel more ambitious.