Thread: Ordering a TiLite ZRA Series 2 tomorrow

Ordering a TiLite ZRA Series 2 tomorrow

This will be my 2nd TiLite (currently have a AERO Z from 2006).

I'll be getting measured by a PT and a sales rep (I think?). I've put on about 50 lbs since getting my last chair.

Anything I should watch out for? Also, does anyone have the cloth side guards? I hit my rigid ones on my side all the time when transferring. The cloth maybe won't leave so many bruises?

Any info will be helpful! Thanks!

And I want to order the Round Betty Enzos. Any experience either way with those?

Cloth guards really don't go anything. IMO, get the removable rigid guards and take the side off you are transferring.. With the rigid guards you can get by with a narrower chair. Be aware most pt's and reps want to put you in a chair that is too wide for the person. Thing is with a chair that is too wide, we tend to slide to one side and eventually get scolliosis or we spread out to eventually fit the chair.

Do you still need so much adjustment? My AeroZ is dialed in now; if I were getting another chair soon and could get titanium, I'd get a TiLite TR (or at least a ZR). An adjustable backrest angle and COG is all I'd want.

• Be aware the Series-2 chairs have a single-sided-fork option that requires a different bearing than most casters (e.g., Froglegs). It's no big deal if you're OK with it; just be aware.
    • Also, at least one user here ordered a G10 solid pan, which failed a few months after its arrival.
    • The initial Series-2 backrest hardware was exceptionally problematic, but TiLite has redesigned it.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 07-14-2011 at 11:07 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Seems, from previous threads, that they are having a lot of problems with the ZR/ZRA series 2. I have a tilite Tr after owning a ZRA and like it much, much better thant the ZRA. The Tr has had 0 problems for me in the 2 years I've owned it.

I suggest you read up on some of the reviews here on the ZR series problems.

Donot, if possible, let your dme talk you into a Quickie, They all do as they make a better profit of Quickie.

I have a ZRA series 2 and have had no problems with it at all. I got mine after the backrest hinge problem was resolved. I had an Aero-Z before and the ZRA is a massive improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I had an Aero-Z before and the ZRA is a massive improvement.
    Please, what improved?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>