Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TiLite boggles my mind

TiLite boggles my mind

First off, I love my TiLite chairs but the way they sell parts is stupid. I ordered my chairs without push handles. All they have is a straight extension that slides up to raise the canvas back. Ok, no big deal. For push handles they use an extension with a curve in it for a push handle and use their rubber grip. These extensions just slide into the back rest tubes. They are about 12-18" long. I thought I might try some push handles to help with holding on in some cases. The single piece of aluminum tubing with a rubber grip is almost $250 each, and I need two! I almost fell out. Its just a small aluminum piece of tubing with a bend in it and a rubber grip. They would not even sell the rubber grip, said it has to sell as a complete unit only. Any part # starting with CP cannot be sold individually. Im just going to make my own.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Or buy the folding ones. I'm sure Sportaide or somewhere has them.

I agree with TIlite,Top End and Quickies selling their parts at out rageous prices. When they were smaller companies a lot of the stuff was sent free or at a decent price. Now that the greed and larger corps. have bought in, they lost their souls.

$500 for push handles? No way. Must be a mistake. I'd give 'em $250 for a pair, well, I wouldn't personally but that sounds about 4x as much as they should be, so I figured that sounds about right for TiLite. But $500?!?!?!??! Something must be wrong...

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by BRASWELLF5 View Post
    Im just going to make my own.
    That's what I'd do, too!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

First off, I love my TiLite chairs but the way they sell parts is stupid. I ordered my chairs without push handles. All they have is a straight extension that slides up to raise the canvas back. Ok, no big deal. For push handles they use an extension with a curve in it for a push handle and use their rubber grip. These extensions just slide into the back rest tubes. They are about 12-18" long. I thought I might try some push handles to help with holding on in some cases. The single piece of aluminum tubing with a rubber grip is almost $250 each, and I need two! I almost fell out. Its just a small aluminum piece of tubing with a bend in it and a rubber grip. They would not even sell the rubber grip, said it has to sell as a complete unit only. Any part # starting with CP cannot be sold individually. Im just going to make my own.
    Do not confuse silence with consent or fatigue for indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    . . . Now that the greed and larger corps. have bought in, they lost their souls.
    Sad, but true.
    Do not confuse silence with consent or fatigue for indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Must be a mistake
    Nope, I called back to double check this morning. That what I thought too.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

I would get bike handlebar grips, or platform crutch grips and maybe umbrella handles from a stroller and make my own. The mark up is unreal.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Im just going to make my own.
    After I cut off my power chair's non-adjustable push handles, I bought these bar-ends from REI that were low profile and work very well for my needs. Something similar may work for you.

http://www.rei.com/product/738098/ti...icros-bar-ends

Nope, I called back to double check this morning. That what I thought too.
    Wow. $500 for push handles. Wow.

And I thought $200 for a 2 minute CF side guard profiling cut was insulting.

Why don't you just roll to their head quarters so they can kick you in the nuts, directly?

Is it the DME gouging? TiLite recently announced lower parts costs, iirc.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.