Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tilite experience causes New Chair

Thanks guys for the input nothing I hate more than deciding on a new bucket \

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Go for the lasher, oracing could be a good option too, RGK maxlite and panthera u2 light are good ones too.
    After your post I looked at your thread and the Oracing looks interesting. I checked the link provided and the F2 and F2-V along with the Extreme Box are the most appealing. Would I be able to get one of these in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Sounds very sweet. I really liked the arched rigidizer bar on the new Top End box frame chair coming out later this year, I bet it will be nice in the larger tubing. The flat cross bar to help support the CF?

Btw, I totally agree with your take on Lasher. Though I love the backrest hardware.
    The rigidizer on mine will not be angled upward, like on Toto's Oracing chairs.

The reason under-the-frame rigidizers are bent is so that the sag of a traditional nylon seat sling won't hit into it. Obviously, it wouldn't be good to be perched on the rigidizer. With a mostly rigid CF pan, however, there's no reason to bend it. Still, mine will be welded at the bottom border of the 1.25" seat frame (i.e., not centered in the tubing) to ensure that there will be adequate clearance to pass the cables from the Surelock system over it.

Does TiLite know that? If you selected "Omit Seat Upholstery" they will still drill the frame and add riv-nuts. I discovered this when one of my colleagues mistakenly selected "Omit Seat Upholstery" instead of "Omit Back Upholstery"...

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Does TiLite know that? If you selected "Omit Seat Upholstery" they will still drill the frame and add riv-nuts. I discovered this when one of my colleagues mistakenly selected "Omit Seat Upholstery" instead of "Omit Back Upholstery"...
    Thanks. Good to know. I mentioned this several times, but I'll shoot them an email just to make sure.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the upward angle, but an arc'd vs bent bar like yours (and the new TE they had at Expo) is a great aesthetic change, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post

The reason under-the-frame rigidizers are bent is so that the sag of a traditional nylon seat sling won't hit into it. Obviously, it wouldn't be good to be perched on the rigidizer. With a mostly rigid CF pan, however, there's no reason to bend it. Still, mine will be welded at the bottom border of the 1.25" seat frame (i.e., not centered in the tubing) to ensure that there will be adequate clearance to pass the cables from the Surelock system over it.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

I ordered a 1.5" tapered seat frame, so I don't think they'd drill holes as default unless I spec'd for a solid seat pan, which I did not. I have an email into Josh just to make sure.

Thanks also for the photo you posted in another thread re the new positioning of the frame struts (stalks as you call them) relative to the COG spec. That was an important heads up. The struts on mine will, I hope, be perfectly aligned with the camber clamps.

There's always some wrinkle you can't anticipate.

Thanks also for the photo you posted in another thread re the new positioning of the frame struts (stalks as you call them) relative to the COG spec. That was an important heads up. The struts on mine will, I hope, be perfectly aligned with the camber clamps.

There's always some wrinkle you can't anticipate.
    You are getting a CAD right?

Quote Originally Posted by OopyDoopy View Post
    Thanks guys for the input nothing I hate more than deciding on a new bucket \

After your post I looked at your thread and the Oracing looks interesting. I checked the link provided and the F2 and F2-V along with the Extreme Box are the most appealing. Would I be able to get one of these in Canada?
    No problem, just PM if you are interesting in one.

The tube you have under your seat need to be a bit bend for the strips of the seat can do their work.
    When do you think we are going to see your sweet chair?

BTW, of course Stephen`s ZR series 2 is going to be an exception because his one is going to be a full welded, i think this new ZR series 2 have done a lot of damages to tilite, if i was them i will take it out of the market and do a new one, even with a new name, ZRS for example lol.
    Don`t make the same mistakes with your new TR guys.
    Last edited by totoL1; 07-14-2011 at 08:39 AM.