Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheelchair users say TSA search went too far

I am not into getting felt up or violated I am legit and Factual all they need to do is look at my ID info or something ( Read a Dr Note I Carry )

Friggin Pervs

New TSA rules:
    We will search everybody except:
    1.) people with disabilities
    2.) older people wearing diapers
    3.) young children
    4.) people afraid of us seeing them naked (body scanners)

Terrorist new plan:
    1.) pack bombs in wheelchair frames
    2.) diaper bombs
    3.) drop hand grenade in toddlers pants
    4.) watch for all complaints against TSA and find loophole

The searches might be invasive, but they're doing it so you can bitch about them when you arrive safely at your destination...unless you're on a smaller plane that is hit by a bigger plane, but that is another thread.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

The problem with all this is that it is largely total nonsense designed to make us feel safer, but does not increase our safety in the least. Just the other day a stun gun was discovered on a plane that had flown from Boston to NJ. Someone got that onto the flight with no problems, but they want to know if my private area is a danger to national security, or if my flabby thighs are really "all me?" It is silly, expensive, and is not terribly credible. In the recent cases (shoe bomber for example) it was other passengers who prevented a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    The problem with all this is that it is largely total nonsense designed to make us feel safer, but does not increase our safety in the least. Just the other day a stun gun was discovered on a plane that had flown from Boston to NJ. Someone got that onto the flight with no problems, but they want to know if my private area is a danger to national security, or if my flabby thighs are really "all me?" It is silly, expensive, and is not terribly credible. In the recent cases (shoe bomber for example) it was other passengers who prevented a disaster.

TSA is big business. Consider how many employees it has and how much all the cutting-edge equipment cost. There are new testing machines every time I fly. Every airport across the country. The budget is in the billions. When there is that much money exchanging hands, you can rest assured that someone is getting a cut (quite a few people, actually). All that money spent, and people still carry stuff onto planes. I've never felt in danger when getting onto a plane (before or after 9/11). The searches don't bother me. It adds an additional five minutes onto an entire day spent traveling. Then again, I've never been personally violated or harmed by someone else, either (PTSD).

Bottom line, flying sucks. It's still questionable as to whether or not the TSA actually keeps us safe in the air or is just another multi-billion dollar corporation. Why does it take so long to get a "male/female assist" at the TSA check? It's because nobody wants to do it. Those agents enjoy those pat-downs just as much as we do. If you think someone is actually enjoying it, think again. Getting a pat-down is a cake walk compared to some of the other gimpy $#!t that I have to deal with. If some TSA agent wants to use the back of his hands to feel my flabby, atrophied ass, whatever. Let's get on with it. I've got places to be.

It is stupid. They do these "searches" and only once has anyone checked my pouch under my chair. I am 100 pounds. I have a hockey puck (baclofen pump) implanted in my abdomen. It sticks out a lot, is very obvious, they have run their hand over it and not once has anyone ever asked me what it was. If they can't feel that they are not feeling a bomb strapped to me either.
    I see that it is necessary, but really there has to be another way. Noone will answer why wheelchairs can not go through the scanners. I am sure there is a technical reason, metal or whatever, but what is it? Why not make them big enough to wheel through, swab the chairs and shoes and go on. Can't they see through the cushion and upholstery?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Wheel_Life View Post
    It adds an additional five minutes onto an entire day spent traveling. Then again, I've never been personally violated or harmed by someone else, either (PTSD).

If some TSA agent wants to use the back of his hands to feel my flabby, atrophied ass, whatever. Let's get on with it. I've got places to be.
    I have waited almost 10 minutes for a female in Chicago so it does add up. And they do not use the back of their hand anymore, they use the front. They pull your waistband out now and run their hand inside. They have changed some of the rules.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

We just recently flew from Los Angeles (LAX) to Rome. In both airports, the "searches" of my son were very kind and respectful. I was impressed with the overall care that was displayed in dealing with a passenger in a chair.