Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speedi Cath Compact

Speedi Cath Compact

Anyone heard of or seen this before?

http://www.coloplast.com/Products/Ur...tcatheter.aspx
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Yeah I keep them in my pouch, glove box, in the drawer in my office or wherever for emergencies. I would not use them all the time though. They are kind of stiff compared to my regular catheters, but handy to have when you don't want to carry a lot. Or if I forget to pack accordingly I can usually rely on one of those being stuck somewhere.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Coloplast will send you samples if you want to try them out before buying a supply. I tried them and agree with Addiesue: great for when you're in a fix, but I didn't bother buying a supply as I have what I need in a small plastic cath kit I keep in my purse.

Yes, I've used them for a while. Like addiesue says, they are stiff, but they do have a slipery coating, which is good.

I use one every day over the toilet (sat on my shower chair), before I do my bowel program. Other than that, I don't, as I can't get on a toilet.

There are also drainage bags (SpeediBags) you can get to go with these. They are AWFUL though. If you try to use a speedicath and a bag, prepare to soak whatever you are sat on. The caths are simply too short to work with a drainage bag.

Quote Originally Posted by keps View Post
    There are also drainage bags (SpeediBags) you can get to go with these. They are AWFUL though. If you try to use a speedicath and a bag, prepare to soak whatever you are sat on. The caths are simply too short to work with a drainage bag.
    I went to the website looking for the free sample and couldn't find it (was on the Canadian site though).

I had wondered how the drainage bags would work - just as I figured! Thanks keps.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I went to the website looking for the free sample and couldn't find it (was on the Canadian site though).

I had wondered how the drainage bags would work - just as I figured! Thanks keps.
    No problem.

The bags don't completely seal around the caths (the thin plastic bags just have this neck, no sort of connector or anything). You just shove the cath in the bag neck. As if you want to use a bag, you will usually be sat on something other than a toilet, you can't angle the cath downwards...this means pee just leaks back on you. Horrible. I tried it 2 or 3 times, but it's just impossible.

Btw if you can't get any samples, I'm happy to send you some (and I've got some of the bags too).

I have extras too.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

They are just so darn cute though! We got a box and they don't make sense for me to use to cath my daughter but they are so easy to tuck into small stash bags that I keep them for emergencies. (I should check, there must be a use-by date?) We used them for about two days and went back to our regular speedi-caths.

I sent a request for samples to the following e-mail address: ca_conspec@coloplast.com Good luck!

Thanks Corinne! (There's a gal at work with the same name but spelled differently - do you prefer 'core-reen' or 'core-inn'?

Thanks again!