Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 95999100101102103104105106107108109
Results 1,081 to 1,088 of 1088

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Articles Posted by Manouli

  1. #1081
    Quote Originally Posted by manouli View Post
    VirTrial Awarded FDA-Approved Decentralized Clinical Trial with Hope Biosciences
    by VirTrial | Oct 9, 2019 | Press and News | 0 comments
    Scottsdale, AZ (October 9, 2019) ? VirTrial has been awarded an FDA-approved hybrid decentralized clinical trial (DCT) with Hope Biosciences. The study provides Hope Biosciences? autologous, adipose-derived culture-expanded mesenchymal stem cells (HB-adMSC?s) for the treatment of spinal cord injury/disorder (SCI/D). Study protocol incorporates remote visits via VirTrial?s telehealth platform.
    read....
    https://virtrial.com/virtrial-awarde...e-biosciences/




    $6.3 million DARPA grant boosts spinal repair research
    Grant funds University collaboration with Intel, R.I. Hospital, Micro Leads Medical to create spinal tech
    By Kathleen Meininger
    Contributing Writer
    Friday, October 11, 2019


    Summer Zhang / Herald
    A $6.3 million research grant from the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency will allow University researchers to develop an implantable spinal device to help repair neural connections in the spine.
    The grant will fund a University collaboration with the Rhode Island Hospital, Intel Corporation and Micro Leads Medical.
    This new project falls at the intersection of neuroscience, computer science, engineering and clinical research. Researchers have created an implantable device that can record and stimulate areas both above and below a spinal injury in patients with spinal cord damage. Once the device records a signal traveling down the spinal cord from the brain, the signal is sent to a computer interface to be decoded by neural network algorithms, which are computer systems designed to recognize and transmit neural patterns. Then, the signal is used to stimulate the area of the spinal cord below the injury.
    more...
    http://www.browndailyherald.com/2019...pair-research/

  2. #1082
    Quote Originally Posted by manouli View Post
    $6.3 million DARPA grant boosts spinal repair research
    Grant funds University collaboration with Intel, R.I. Hospital, Micro Leads Medical to create spinal tech
    By Kathleen Meininger
    Contributing Writer
    Friday, October 11, 2019


    Summer Zhang / Herald
    A $6.3 million research grant from the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency will allow University researchers to develop an implantable spinal device to help repair neural connections in the spine.
    The grant will fund a University collaboration with the Rhode Island Hospital, Intel Corporation and Micro Leads Medical.
    This new project falls at the intersection of neuroscience, computer science, engineering and clinical research. Researchers have created an implantable device that can record and stimulate areas both above and below a spinal injury in patients with spinal cord damage. Once the device records a signal traveling down the spinal cord from the brain, the signal is sent to a computer interface to be decoded by neural network algorithms, which are computer systems designed to recognize and transmit neural patterns. Then, the signal is used to stimulate the area of the spinal cord below the injury.
    more...
    http://www.browndailyherald.com/2019...pair-research/
    Salk scientists receive NIH funding to map brain circuitry for movement
    Download PDF Copy
    Reviewed by Kate Anderton, B.Sc. (Editor)Oct 18 2019
    A team of Salk scientists led by Professor Martyn Goulding has been awarded $14.3 million over five years by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to create a high-resolution atlas of how the mouse brain generates and controls skilled forelimb movements, such as reaching and grasping. Knowledge generated by the grant will provide a better understanding of not only how the brain controls movement, but also how it is affected by neurological diseases and spinal cord injuries that compromise arm, wrist and hand function.
    more...
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...-movement.aspx

  3. #1083
    Quote Originally Posted by manouli View Post
    Salk scientists receive NIH funding to map brain circuitry for movement
    Download PDF Copy
    Reviewed by Kate Anderton, B.Sc. (Editor)Oct 18 2019
    A team of Salk scientists led by Professor Martyn Goulding has been awarded $14.3 million over five years by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to create a high-resolution atlas of how the mouse brain generates and controls skilled forelimb movements, such as reaching and grasping. Knowledge generated by the grant will provide a better understanding of not only how the brain controls movement, but also how it is affected by neurological diseases and spinal cord injuries that compromise arm, wrist and hand function.
    more...
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...-movement.aspx


    just for the knowledge
    Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices Market by Product, Application and Geography - World Forecast to 2023
    Dublin, Oct. 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Global Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices Market (2019-2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.

    The Global Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices Market size is expected to reach $2.8 billion by 2025, rising at a market growth of 8% CAGR during the forecast period.

    The increased cases of the failed back syndrome and complex regional pain syndrome are expected to positively impact the growth of the market. Failed back syndrome is a chronic pain that occurs after spinal surgeries for leg pain or back pain. Post the surgery, the pain reduces or the condition worsens due to scar tissue that arises around the spinal nerve roots.

    Spinal cord stimulation devices treat patients who previously failed to get positive results from spinal surgeries. The devices block the pain before it reaches the brain. Therefore, the increased rate of patients suffering from chronic pain after surgeries is expected to boost the demand for these devices over the forecast period. Additionally, technological developments are pushing the growth and developments in the market. For example, Medtronic's Intellis is the smallest implantable spinal cord stimulator that was created to overcome limitations with the existing systems.
    read...
    http://markets.financialcontent.com/...?GUID=39009371

  4. #1084
    Quote Originally Posted by manouli View Post
    just for the knowledge
    Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices Market by Product, Application and Geography - World Forecast to 2023
    Dublin, Oct. 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Global Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices Market (2019-2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.

    The Global Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices Market size is expected to reach $2.8 billion by 2025, rising at a market growth of 8% CAGR during the forecast period.

    The increased cases of the failed back syndrome and complex regional pain syndrome are expected to positively impact the growth of the market. Failed back syndrome is a chronic pain that occurs after spinal surgeries for leg pain or back pain. Post the surgery, the pain reduces or the condition worsens due to scar tissue that arises around the spinal nerve roots.

    Spinal cord stimulation devices treat patients who previously failed to get positive results from spinal surgeries. The devices block the pain before it reaches the brain. Therefore, the increased rate of patients suffering from chronic pain after surgeries is expected to boost the demand for these devices over the forecast period. Additionally, technological developments are pushing the growth and developments in the market. For example, Medtronic's Intellis is the smallest implantable spinal cord stimulator that was created to overcome limitations with the existing systems.
    read...
    http://markets.financialcontent.com/...?GUID=39009371

    Polymerized estrogen can protect nervous system cells and promote regeneration
    Download PDF Copy
    Reviewed by James Ives, M.Psych. (Editor)Oct 23 2019
    Spinal cord damage that causes paralysis and reduced mobility doesn't always stop with the initial trauma, but there are few treatment options to halt increased deterioration -- and there is no cure. Researchers at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute have developed a promising new biomaterial that could offer targeted treatment to the damaged spinal cord and tissue, preventing further damage.
    In research published today in Nature Communications, an interdisciplinary team from Rensselaer demonstrated how estrogen -- a natural hormone produced in the body -- can be polymerized into a slow-releasing biomaterial and applied to nervous system cells to protect those cells and even promote regeneration.
    read...
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...eneration.aspx

  5. #1085
    Polymerized estrogen can protect nervous system cells and promote regeneration
    Download PDF Copy
    Reviewed by James Ives, M.Psych. (Editor)Oct 23 2019
    Spinal cord damage that causes paralysis and reduced mobility doesn't always stop with the initial trauma, but there are few treatment options to halt increased deterioration -- and there is no cure. Researchers at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute have developed a promising new biomaterial that could offer targeted treatment to the damaged spinal cord and tissue, preventing further damage.
    In research published today in Nature Communications, an interdisciplinary team from Rensselaer demonstrated how estrogen -- a natural hormone produced in the body -- can be polymerized into a slow-releasing biomaterial and applied to nervous system cells to protect those cells and even promote regeneration.
    read...
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...eneration.aspx

  6. #1086
    Quote Originally Posted by manouli View Post
    Polymerized estrogen can protect nervous system cells and promote regeneration
    Download PDF Copy
    Reviewed by James Ives, M.Psych. (Editor)Oct 23 2019
    Spinal cord damage that causes paralysis and reduced mobility doesn't always stop with the initial trauma, but there are few treatment options to halt increased deterioration -- and there is no cure. Researchers at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute have developed a promising new biomaterial that could offer targeted treatment to the damaged spinal cord and tissue, preventing further damage.
    In research published today in Nature Communications, an interdisciplinary team from Rensselaer demonstrated how estrogen -- a natural hormone produced in the body -- can be polymerized into a slow-releasing biomaterial and applied to nervous system cells to protect those cells and even promote regeneration.
    read...
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...eneration.aspx

    A protein that pulls the brake on nerve growth
    Date:
    October 31, 2019
    Source:
    DZNE - German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases
    Summary:
    During embryonic development, nerve cells form thin, long extensions, which they use to wire up a complex network, the brain. Scientists have now identified a protein that regulates the growth of these extensions by pulling a brake. In the long run, their findings could help to develop new approaches for the treatment of spinal cord injuries.
    read...
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1031114746.htm

  7. #1087
    2,051 viewsOct 29, 2019, 08:47pm A New HBO Documentary, Starring Mountain Biker Paul Basagoitia, Brings Awareness To Spinal Cord Injuries /sites/sarahkim//sites/sarahkim/Sarah Kim Contributor Diversity & Inclusion I write about diversity and inclusion in the realm of disabilities.


    At any time in life, someone can become a part of the disability community. Disability is the only minority group that doesn’t discriminate against anyone since it can become a part of a person’s identity spontaneously. Mountain biker Paul Basagoitia experienced this phenomenon first-hand back in 2015 when he crashed his bike after a 40-foot drop at the Red Bull Rampage and sustained a spinal cord injury, fracturing his 12th vertebrae. The injury left him paralyzed from the waist down.
    read...
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahki.../#3c410d9b27e1

  8. #1088
    Quote Originally Posted by manouli View Post
    2,051 viewsOct 29, 2019, 08:47pm A New HBO Documentary, Starring Mountain Biker Paul Basagoitia, Brings Awareness To Spinal Cord Injuries /sites/sarahkim//sites/sarahkim/Sarah Kim Contributor Diversity & Inclusion I write about diversity and inclusion in the realm of disabilities.


    At any time in life, someone can become a part of the disability community. Disability is the only minority group that doesn?t discriminate against anyone since it can become a part of a person?s identity spontaneously. Mountain biker Paul Basagoitia experienced this phenomenon first-hand back in 2015 when he crashed his bike after a 40-foot drop at the Red Bull Rampage and sustained a spinal cord injury, fracturing his 12th vertebrae. The injury left him paralyzed from the waist down.
    read...
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahki.../#3c410d9b27e1



    Researchers from the US have developed a biosensor that may help lead to safe stem cell therapies for treating Alzheimer?s and Parkinson?s diseases and other neurological disorders.
    The device, created by a team from Rutgers University in New Jersey, features a unique graphene and gold-based platform and high-tech imaging and monitors the fate of stem cells by detecting genetic material (RNA) involved in turning such cells into brain cells (neurons).
    Stem cells can become many different types of cells. As a result, stem cell therapy shows promise for regenerative treatment of neurological disorders such as Alzheimer?s, Parkinson?s, stroke and spinal cord injury, with diseased cells needing replacement or repair.
    read...
    https://eandt.theiet.org/content/art...-cell-therapy/

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2005, 09:16 AM
  2. New articles posted to Research Forums.
    By Wise Young in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 11:41 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2004, 12:00 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-15-2003, 02:05 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2002, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •