Thread: Art Reitmayer joins the Rick Hansen Foundation as Chief Executive Officer

Art Reitmayer joins the Rick Hansen Foundation as Chief Executive Officer

Art Reitmayer joins the Rick Hansen Foundation as Chief Executive Officer

Jul 12, 2011 1:00:00 PM

Rick Hansen to continue focus on strategic leadership and innovation

VANCOUVER, July 12, 2011 /CNW/ - The Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) today announced the hiring of Art Reitmayer as the new CEO of the Rick Hansen Foundation, beginning July 15th, 2011. Rick Hansen, former President and CEO, will extend his leadership to assume the role of CEO of the newly established Rick Hansen Leadership Group (RHLG), and Co-Chair the Rick Hansen Foundation Board of Directors with existing Chair, Lyall Knott.

''We are very pleased to welcome Art to the Foundation," said Hansen. "His experience in building and leading high-functioning teams comes at a critical time in the evolution of the Foundation, and his proven track-record in contributing to the success of non-profit and profit organizations will no doubt help the Foundation and the RHLG achieve our shared vision of a healthier and more inclusive world."

The appointment of Reitmayer will allow Hansen, now CEO of RHLG, to continue to play an integral role in the RHF, as well as provide him with the opportunity for increased focus on setting long-term strategy, fostering key relationships and securing strategic partnerships for future innovations.

"I am thrilled to be joining the Rick Hansen Foundation as the team enters into the final phase of the 25th Anniversary of Rick's Man In Motion World Tour," said Reitmayer. "I look forward to working with Rick and his dynamic and capable team, who all demonstrate on a daily basis their passion and commitment to making a difference by taking action for positive change. Together, RHF and RHLG will ensure the long-term sustainability of the Foundation and create a platform for new and exciting innovations."

more..

http://finance.alphatrade.com/story/...APR_C4905.html

I see some drastic changes coming down the pike.

Grammy, how so?

Check some background on Art. He's worked on some rather interesting initiatives...I sincerely believe you wont be watching a couch potato.

The press release discusses his fundraising background. I'm wondering where he stands on pushing clinical trials?

Let me pm the initiative I'm looking at.

In addition, it appears the RHI is undergoing a face change for 2012. I think you will be hearing more about SCI research and cure more than you have in the total 25 yrs past in addition to all the 2011 collaborations internationally.

http://site.rickhansen.com/interdepe...2012/Home.aspx

Interdependence 2012 Conference and Exposition

Global advancement in accessible communities and spinal cord injury research for a cure.

The inaugural Interdependence 2012 Conference and Exposition is a groundbreaking forum providing international business leaders, government decision and policy makers, researchers, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to gather for four days in Vancouver, Canada to collaborate on the global advancement in accessible communities and spinal cord injury (SCI) research for a cure.
    Thousands of delegates from developed and emerging economies are expected to attend this unique event,
    May 15 - 18, 2012, at the award-winning Vancouver Convention Centre.

Together, anything is possible.

Conference Program at a Glance

Timed to coincide with the 25th Anniversary of the legendary Rick Hansen Man In Motion World Tour,
    the program of Interdependence 2012 will advance the original goals of the Tour, and the missions of the
    Rick Hansen Foundation and the Rick Hansen Institute today: to create accessible and inclusive communities and to find a cure for spinal cord injury.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 07-12-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Awesome, thanks. I've been sending the RHI emails (very politely) but with no response.