Thread: Hotels with Roll-In Showers in Houston, TX

Hotels with Roll-In Showers in Houston, TX

What is your experience with hotels with roll-in showers in the Houston, Texas area close to the HOU (Hobby) airport?

no experience, but if you call around to the big chain hotels, I bet you'll find more than one.

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    What is your experience with hotels with roll-in showers in the Houston, Texas area close to the HOU (Hobby) airport?
    I just got back from San Antonio, and believe it or not one of those big chains did have a roll in shower, but didn't have a shower chair all they had was a shower stool. I am a T4 and my trunk balance isn't the best so I had to manage by always holding on by one hand...

After I got back I complained and took it to upper management, and asked for my money back for the stay, they said no, but I kept insisting till I got it all back.

They did say that they would invest in a shower chair. My advice is call and speak to manager and make sure they have roll in shower and have the type of chair you need, hope this helps!

I just returned from a stay at the Hyatt in San Antonio. I took my shower chair but was surprised to find that they had a roll in shower with a fold down, padded shower bench mounted to the wall. Pretty much the same one I have at home, only a little smaller. It was a pleasant stay and I will be giving them my business again.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

mastersat77,

Regarding "... did have a roll in shower, but didn't have a shower chair all they had was a shower stool. ... After I got back I complained and took it to upper management, and asked for my money back for the stay, they said no, but I kept insisting till I got it all back."

Shame on you.

I heard a news short a while back that all Marriots were replacing their tubs with showers. I can only hope they will put in roll ins for us all. So you might try them although I did not hear a time frame. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by wc_sage View Post
    mastersat77,

regarding "... Did have a roll in shower, but didn't have a shower chair all they had was a shower stool. ... After i got back i complained and took it to upper management, and asked for my money back for the stay, they said no, but i kept insisting till i got it all back."

shame on you.
    wc_sage, are you kidding me shame on me! Do you understand how dangerous and uncomfortable to take a shower on this stool that only half my ass fit on and i had to hold on with one hand while i used the other to wash. I did them a favor by letting them know the danger they were putting other disabled visitor in, and that they were not ada compliant. What a coincidence they decided that they would go out and buy a chair after my visit.

I would have take my own hair , but it's not like a drove here!