Thread: Top Round Steak and Bacon Wrapped Squash

Top Round Steak and Bacon Wrapped Squash

It was a wonderful day out back, but hot. I filled up the pool for Otis, cause he has to be out when I am or he sits inside and cries.

Now onto the food Went to the Farmer's Market this morning and was very disappointed. But Cat and I got some Strawberry and Cherry Jam and some zucchini, crookneck squash and some corn. I sliced on zucchini and one squash lengthwise and scooped out the seeds with a spoon. Then stuff them will Uncle Ben's 90 sec 'Santa Fe Rice', I did not cook it first.

Then wrapped them in bacon.

Cooked indirect until the bacon was rendered and crisp. The things turned out phenomenal.

Threw on an unseasoned top round steak and seared for 5 minutes per side. The steak was at room temp.

When I removed the steak, I seasoned with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. While the steak was resting, I let the bacon grease burn off and clean my grill!

After a 15 minute rest, the steak was ready to slice and I FORGOT THE HORSERADISH AGAIN!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Larry,

"Otis" is just adorable I'm sure he gets his fair share of whatever you are cooking and must be thinking he has the jackpot having you as a 'dad', lol.

Otis is rotten!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I going to have to make you a list?

So no horsey with the steak? It was probably delicious without it anyway....

But I LOVE horseradish.....you better make a list sweetiepie!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

What??? No cheese.....