Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: Ask a PT

If you know me, you know I am a physical therapist - and I am proud of my career and LOVE my profession! October is Physical Therapy month - help everyone know how much you love PT! Have you gone to physical therapy? Tell us why! Post to your social media pages, and add #TheresPTforThat and tag where you get/give physical therapy I can't wait to see all the stories!
    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by scitotalfitness View Post
    If you know me, you know I am a physical therapist - and I am proud of my career and LOVE my profession! October is Physical Therapy month - help everyone know how much you love PT! Have you gone to physical therapy? Tell us why! Post to your social media pages, and add #TheresPTforThat and tag where you get/give physical therapy I can't wait to see all the stories!
    what are your thoughts on that second step I can walk kinda with full kkao from waist down but certainly not going on a hike with but I am seeing a lot of advertisemens and I am....

tks

vjls - I have never used the Second Step myself, and actually had to look it up to know what you were asking about. Locomotor training is always a good exercise. One thing that I always caution people with when gait training is to protect your joints. When you walk with you KAFOs, your joints are supported and stabilized to prevent unnatural twisting and straining. If you are looking to try one, I would do it in a therapy setting where you can be assisted. I don't know of places that have one... and their website does not appear to have a way to locate facilities.
    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.