Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: If the 'Cure' was like the Doomsday Clock, how close to midnight are we?

Quote Originally Posted by DougB View Post
    Hi,

RH Wheels in Motion up until two years ago funded 50% Quality of Life programs and 50% Research towards a cure. More recently (you are right) they have switched to 100% Quality of Life projects through Wheels in Motion events. ....
    Thanks DougB for saying that.. You seen to be the only canadian on CC that knows about that.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by DougB View Post
    ......... But, Rick Hansen himself, through the RHF lobbied the Canadian Government and succeeded in obtaining around 35 million dollars which is invested in Research towards a cure. I know he works closely with ICHORD http://icord.org/ . This is how I understand it anyways.

About two years ago maybe three, I saw Rick Hansen on TV an he said that it was his hope that in twenty years it would just be a short stay in the hospital and no need for wheelchairs.
    About ICORD I see a nice building but I can't find significative research toward regeneration...
    Is there any CC member that has been at ICORD that can say what they are really doing?

About Rick, looking at what he keeps saying in FB and on his web it seems he is all about "accessibilty", "inclusive" & nothing else...

A few months ago I remember him at a morning show... the reporter interviwing him started to talk about a cure and Rick changed subjet quicly... I still wonder why?

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    About ICORD I see a nice building but I can't find significative research toward regeneration...
    Is there any CC member that has been at ICORD that can say what they are really doing?

About Rick, looking at what he keeps saying in FB and on his web it seems he is all about "accessibilty", "inclusive" & nothing else...

A few months ago I remember him at a morning show... the reporter interviwing him started to talk about a cure and Rick changed subjet quicly... I still wonder why?

Paolo
    We haven't been able to talk to him personally (or anyone more or less in charge) YET, haven't we?

That talks itself a lot about motivation, innovation, self-criticism...

1- People working towards a cure are our allies.
    2- People not working towards a cure can be a wide range of different things.
    3- But people pretending to be working towards a cure but doing otherwise (draining the few resources available, deceiving people about its real nature, speaking on behalf of research and being an influence on it...) ... i'll dare to say that's an enemy.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    We haven't been able to talk to him personally (or anyone more or less in charge) YET, haven't we?

That talks itself a lot about motivation, innovation, self-criticism...

1- People working towards a cure are our allies.
    2- People not working towards a cure can be a wide range of different things.
    3- But people pretending to be working towards a cure but doing otherwise (draining the few resources available, deceiving people about its real nature, speaking on behalf of research and being an influence on it...) ... i'll dare to say that's an enemy.
    1, 2, 3. I couldn't have said it better myself.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post

Paolo
    Have a look at this: http://icord.org/research/researchers/
    How many show their interest in regeneration of the CNS. I count 4 out of 44. Maybe someone who understands more than me can show me that the number is higher than 4, but I bet they can't get it to even close to half.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post

The relentless acute vs. chronic, cure vs. care, lazy butts vs. the paralyzed, atheist vs. religions, estimating doomsday clocks... doesn't move the cure for paralysis forward. It's nothing but a past time to relieve boredom. Focusing on the worthwhile endeavors that can make a difference will bring about a cure.
    You're dead right here. Constructive criticism rather than bitching! I must say that blowing off steam can be very therapeutic however.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I'm going to be asking the RH Foundation for a quality of life grant for 2 things ...

I need an accessible gynecological table for my area - $12,000 tops.

I need the Stimulette 2Denx from Anatomical Concepts as it will be the first FES machine to work on flaccidity.

Money well spent in my opinion ... if I can access it. I've never had to ask/fight for access before.
    Lynnifer, please let me know how you are coming on this. I have a little spare time to help you fight the battle if you need me. (Never under estimate the power of women)
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 07-16-2011 at 08:13 AM.