Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: If the 'Cure' was like the Doomsday Clock, how close to midnight are we?

Yes GL, I believe that Wise Young's ChinaSCINet could yield a useful treatment - it seems a logical strategy and I don't think Wise would have begun trials if there weren't some good data to support them.

It's a worry about the huge shortage of funds but there is hope as long as the ChinaSCINet can continue and Geron etc - hopefully the recession won't continue

GL, don't worry about my posts - on top of paraplegia I have also struggled with depression throughout my life and my most negative posts arise from that - I am not always like that

Hi Christopher
    I whole heartidly agree with you this recession has affected most everyone it is horrible and I wish it would reside .

As for depression you always have me to pm or talk to if you want ok ?

I like your posts and all maybe someday we will meet it would be great .

You write your heart out and dont worry , BTW Writing is a excellent way to vent imop
    Keep Smiling
    Sincerely ;
    GL

P.S I have quadplegia it sucks so we all float in the same boat This is what makes us all connect .
    Sorry for my bad spelling my voice dictation program is not working right

My typing is for the birds lol

Weird way to balance out my stupid typos

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    I hope RH org will give you that & quit supporting things like cayak sport.. & thigs like that... would you agree on this?
    Yes. The table seems to me to be a really useful expenditure. Best of luck to Lynifer.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Paddon View Post
    Yes GL, I believe that Wise Young's ChinaSCINet could yield a useful treatment - it seems a logical strategy and I don't think Wise would have begun trials if there weren't some good data to support them.

It's a worry about the huge shortage of funds but there is hope as long as the ChinaSCINet can continue and Geron etc - hopefully the recession won't continue

GL, don't worry about my posts - on top of paraplegia I have also struggled with depression throughout my life and my most negative posts arise from that - I am not always like that
    Christopher Paddon,

Hang in there brother and get in shape. Between Dr Young & Dr Davies I really think/ hope they can brings us something sooner than later. As long as theres life, theres hope.

Excellent feedback everyone! I feel that I am caught right up. Still unsure where to set the 'Clock' though. Ideas?
    Here's Hoping!

[QUOTE=paolocipolla

...but can you ask Rick Hansen and his people to show you how they are spending money to get us out of w/c?

As I know, unfortunatly, RHF is spending money to keep people in w/c.. just a bit more confortable but still in w/c... a lot of millions per year and a lot of money raised with the great effort of great people living with SCI [/QUOTE]

Hi,

RH Wheels in Motion up until two years ago funded 50% Quality of Life programs and 50% Research towards a cure. More recently (you are right) they have switched to 100% Quality of Life projects through Wheels in Motion events. But, Rick Hansen himself, through the RHF lobbied the Canadian Government and succeeded in obtaining around 35 million dollars which is invested in Research towards a cure. I know he works closely with ICHORD http://icord.org/ . This is how I understand it anyways.

About two years ago maybe three, I saw Rick Hansen on TV an he said that it was his hope that in twenty years it would just be a short stay in the hospital and no need for wheelchairs.

Lynnifer, I hope you get your grant. I actually received one towards my tractor mods and I really believe you will receive yours. Take care all. Gone to row bales! Will check back later.
    Here's Hoping!

Emailed the Rick Hansen Foundation - no response within a week. I guess being an avid supporter means crap! lol! I'll keep after it for the community for a table ... perhaps people are on summer vacations.

According to this, http://www.myelinrepair.org/about/pres_message.shtml they have 83% more funding then they did last year (but it's geared towards MS).
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Perhaps Rick knows the truth about a speedy cure for us and wants to ensure that we at least can live long enough without the major calamities that befall us.

Sure, I'd like to walk again, but I would much rather have advances in breathing technologies, restoreative hand function etc. for the quads and others that really get hit hard by sci. As well as better living with aging with sci.

Once the cure comes a lot of corporations, wheelchair manf. etc. will be out of business. Do you honestly think the bigwigs at these foundations and corps. want a cure to happen in their lifetime. They'd be out of a lucrative job; that's not in their greedy best interest.

Don't give up Jenn! They've been a bit busy responding to me...and yes, lots of summer vacations right now.

I made sure the 2012 Committee Members received a link and printed off all the registered international chronic spinal cord injury trials. They were interested in looking at the list...I'm sure they will notice that Canada is missing and falling behind since I politely pointed that out, but felt they would want to review the list as part of their destiny forward. http://site.rickhansen.com/interdepe...ceProgram.aspx They are making bigger noises than ever before for 2012 conference. I'm hoping lots of Canadians can make that conference.

http://unite2fightparalysis.org/clinicaltrials I made sure to let them know that other countries were already blazing a trail.

Please keep at it. That table is very important. Thanks so much! Please let me know how you are coming along on it.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 07-14-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Don't give up.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)