Thread: Suggestion for Freewheel...

Suggestion for Freewheel...

Hi! I was wondering if it'd be possible to design a Freewheel with a headlight built-in. I know there's a bike headlight out there that would likely work... With the pivot/swing arm-assembly, I dont see a bike head light working out too well.
    I'm Sam.

Also a wide fatso tire option for the beach would be nice too.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I met the inventor himself. He would love these suggestions. He's a great guy. go to the freewheel website and abolutely make these suggestions. He'll love to hear them. If you haven't arleady done so of course.
    Liza R. McCollum

Blog Entries
    He'll see them here
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Yes, Sam, good thinking.

For years I have been taking my kids trick-or-treating in the dark and a rubberband does a great job holding a simple bike light onto the front of my FreeWheel. It lights up the sidewalk in front of me.

Once a cop on a motorcycle was cruising watching the action and he took out his floodlight and beamed me! He wanted to figure out what was the light in the dark.

Pat

That's a good idea, but can we think up some alternatives to rubber bands for those of us with Latex allergy too? I'm saving up for my freewheel now and can't wait!
    Liza R. McCollum

Quote Originally Posted by mcco5543 View Post
    That's a good idea, but can we think up some alternatives to rubber bands for those of us with Latex allergy too? I'm saving up for my freewheel now and can't wait!
    Zip ties would probably work as well.

nah, mold it into the aluminum tube. There is only one way to do things, that the right way the first time. This is a good idea.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

A headlight for the FW is a good idea, but it should not be integral; it should be an optional add-on that does not affect the pricing of the basic FW.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I have a freewheel and could care less about having a light on it. KISS Keep It Simple Stupid!!! At night I use a headlamp to light the way. That way it points where I am looking not straight ahead. Your suggestion is good but probebly overkill since there are so many other ways to accomplish lighting your way!!!! JMHO!!!!!
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!