Thread: Spare Rib Stew

Spare Rib Stew

I'm pretty frugal and hate wasting food and absolutely love cooking with leftovers. I think I actually prefer it over cooking from scratch at times.

Cathryn wanted soup last night and we still had leftover ribs from Monday and they either had to be eaten last night or thrown away. So, I put them in a pot with some water, beer, garlic, onion, bell pepper, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano, canned tomatoes with chiles and a can of black beans. I wasn't trying to make chili, but more of a stew, so I guess you could call it stew or chili, in either case Cathryn and I really enjoyed it!! She added Frito's and cheese to hers, just cheese for me.

Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeMan View Post
    I'm pretty frugal and hate wasting food and absolutely love cooking with leftovers. I think I actually prefer it over cooking from scratch at times.
    Couldn't agree more....sometimes I think I endure Thanksgiving dinner just to have turkey sandwiches and turkey-barley soup a couple of days later. I forgot to post this with my pictures of our Pork Tenderloin dinner....the next day we had pork tenderloin sandwiches on whole wheat "sandwich thins." Very tasty!!!

All the best,
    GJ