Thread: wheres the best website to look for care

wheres the best website to look for care

is care.com worth signing up for? i'm trying to find some help getting into bed at night tues, thurs, sat, and sunday night from 10-12 or 11-1.

wheres the best places to search. i have a fear of craigslist

im worried i wont find no one because i know thats a late and odd schedule

We have done well with Craig's List, but I have a fairly rigorous procedure for vetting applicants, interviewing, doing background checks, checking references, contracting, and having trial work periods. We have had to fire some, but the "keepers" have outweighed those.

I have never used Care.com. Do they vet the people posting there, or can anyone sign up? If they don't I don't see how it would be any safer than Craig's List.

Our best procedure in years for finding caregivers though has been word of mouth...letting a caregiver we know well and like that we are hiring and would be interested in their friends or co-workers from their other jobs. The live-in person we had we chanced upon when my mother had a horrible 6 week nursing home stay. This person was the only really good CNA she had there, and was as eager to get out of that setting as my mother was. She has worked for my mother for 12 years now, 11 of those as a live-in.

(KLD)

I think anyone can sign up... but it looks like a well laid out website. You can put the schedule that you want to search for and the people will show up that are in your zip code, and there is also an area that shows if they submitted a background check and it seems that most people have. That's why I was wondering about care.com and if anyone has used that website, because there is a fee to use it in order to get in touch with the caregivers. Another one I was thinking about was Angie'slist.com

I don't think word-of-mouth will work for me. I don't have many friends and don't know that many people... I pretty much just stay to myself