Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heartbreak

Heartbreak

So before I left on my weekend trip, I boarded my three dogs....the boxer has been with me three months so I guess she is mine now. But the Shi tzu and the white pekapoo in the truck have been my traveling partners forever.....truck is a magical word to my babies.

I have had daisy the shi tzu for 11 years so when I left her at the vet....they did some tests. Well $700.00 later, looks like metastatic melanoma. My little girl has seen the west with me. She can no longer hear and barks to let me know even when she is going to get a drink of water in the kitchen. It's two places so far but would cost lots of money to see the extent and to treat with chemo etc. I told doc that I think it is just better for Daisy to enjoy life and eat McDonalds hamburgers.....until she got to the point she didn't want them.

She was so glad to see me....well all of them were. I just don't know what I am going to do without my daisy....she has provided so much to life even before I got the other two. I am so heartbroken....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I am so sorry.While my dog is not sick, she will be 14 this summer, which is getting up there for any dog-particularly a lab mix. I don't know what I'm going to do when she's gone... she was my "baby" before I had my babies.
    I understand and my heart breaks for you. I know you will cherish every last pet, lick and snuggle. (((hugs)))

I am so sorry. There is nothing like the love of a companion animal, and it is heartbreaking when they are ill or getting older. Hugs to you.

Blog Entries
    I think you made the right decision, the result/outcome will be the same whether you make her miserable with the chemo or not. Save the money and spoil her for as long as possible. We're doing that with our oldest cat right now, and he's obviously enjoying himself.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Such sad news. I am sorry for your loss.

Mary
    1FineSpineRN

I'm sorry about your 'daisy', dd. she is so sweet. they bring lots of joy and inevitably heartache when it's time for them to go and move on. hang in there and continue to enjoy your little girl and comfort her as only you can as she transitions.

I'm so sorry Tonja (( hug ))

Sorry ... never easy to let our best friends go.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

so sorry! such a sweet dog. just spoil her rotten! hug
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

We are going through the same with our dog, Licorice. (You know it is bad news when the vet comes into the room fighting tears.) We are just treating her pain, and spoiling her rotten, like cryptic said. (Took about one week to undo 10 years of training on manners .... lol)

I figure as long as she is happy and comfortable, we will continue.

So sorry you are going through this too.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005