Thread: Am I doing something wrong

Am I doing something wrong

It seems pretty often that I will search for a post/thread and even though I put in as much of the title as I remember it is not in the results of the search...

Can you give an example of a search that doesn't work like you think it should, and include a description of what you thought it would return but didn't?

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    It seems pretty often that I will search for a post/thread and even though I put in as much of the title as I remember it is not in the results of the search...
    djrolling,

Are you using the "Search" function rather than the Google Search? If you use the "Search" function rather than the Google Search, you are more likely to get all the posts. The Google search will only pull out those posts that the Google search engine can get to. Several of our forums are not open to Google searches.

Wise.

Are you using advanced search? Under "Search by keyword," the default is to 'search entire posts' (don't know if that option includes the title). In the dropdown you can choose 'search title only.'
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Well I am using the site search and I see on this most recent one that I was using the word dives instead of diving...maybe that is the case when I do not get results that I am looking for, that I am using the right words wrong tense...

Post Good Morning dj

Good Morning djrolling

Sometimes I do that it drives me bonkers OOOh my My poor eyes it get's so frustrating then to top it off Tonight or earlier I misplaced my nice important eyeglasses and literally tore my house upside down , Guess i'll be going to the Eye Dr ASAP to get a pair of glasses .... more $ Hopefully I can make a appt with the Dr tomorrow I hope ...

Slap me it is one of them Nights to Morning's and I've been up with bladder spasms to boot .

It is good saying hello to ya , Wish I had some Morning glazed donuts

How are you doing otherwise ?

Keep smiling
    Sincerely ; GL

Well I am using the site search and I see on this most recent one that I was using the word dives instead of diving...maybe that is the case when I do not get results that I am looking for, that I am using the right words wrong tense...
    Yeah, the site search function is not smart enough to return posts with "diving" if you enter the search term "dives". Google is pretty smart when it comes to stuff like that, maybe when you are searching try both the site search and google search.

When you use the "Search" feature in the darker blue line below the welcome box, you have to use "Image Verification" to continue after you enter your search terms. Why is the "Image Verification" necessary? Sometimes it can be very difficult to read the image and I end up having to go through a couple images before my search can proceed.

GJ

"gjnl", one of the first things spammers do is search through the site, the image is there to prevent bots from indexing the site for spam (at least that is my guess)