Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do You?

One was a nun, you tell me. I had a rapport with really only one or two. I was difficult with those bastards. I do love many of the nurses I had at Children's and have them on my Facebook. Three of them were very pretty and outgoing ladies and being gay, I was sort of like another girlfriend to them. I assume they knew only because I didn't flirt with them and had a massive obsession with Madonna.

Blog Entries
    Never kept in touch with PTs or OTs, but did maintain contact with several nurses. All but one have passed on now. The remaining one was a student nurse at the time and we keep in touch by e-mail. Haven't seen her since the late '60s.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliegirl2010 View Post
    How do you keep in touch with them Scott?
    My surgery and acute care was at the University of Virginia. I keep up with one of the nurses from my 1st 2 weeks via Facebook & in-person.

My inpatient therapy was at Shepherd; I keep up with 4 from there (OTs/PTs) via Facebook & email (they're scattered throughout the country now).

There are a handful of therapists I worked with on an outpatient basis at Woodrow Wilson Rehab Ctr (45min from where I grew up in Virginia) that I keep up with via Facebook, email, phone, or in-person.

No but I followed their careers.

Social worker left spinal cord injury and went to help in cancer care.
    OT I have no idea.
    PT still there, still bitchin (she used to yell at me for goofing off with another patient - I was 12!)
    Rehab physician left also and moved to the States for a sports team in Penn State.

I found myself there about five years ago and ran into two people (one a nurse, one an aide in rehab) who still recognized me from age 12!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    No but I followed their careers.

Social worker left spinal cord injury and went to help in cancer care.
    OT I have no idea.
    PT still there, still bitchin (she used to yell at me for goofing off with another patient - I was 12!)
    Rehab physician left also and moved to the States for a sports team in Penn State.

I found myself there about five years ago and ran into two people (one a nurse, one an aide in rehab) who still recognized me from age 12!
    Hahaaha that's cool! Gotta make you feel pretty good? I have a couple of PTs and an OT that I really want to keep in touch with (My OT worked as a voluntteer at my preschool and still has the Christmas ornament we gave him like 15 years ago ) Anyways, I just want to make them feel awkward or like... I guess what I'm asking is, is it appropriate (boundires)?

Sure, why not? I'm sure they'll let you know if it isn't!

I forgot the doctor that diagnosed me at Children's Hospital .. he took an interest in my case, skipped the waiting line to rehab because I was a kid and came to visit me once while in rehab (took two weeks to diagnose me). He went on to become an administrator at that rehab hospital and has since retired. I sent him a thank-you many years later but he didn't remember me - ha!

I remember his exact words to my parents: "There's some hot-shot young doc over at a new rehab centre ..." lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I had kept in touch with a few, going all the way back to 1954. We kept in touch by phone, but I made a few visits back to facilities. Eventually they were all gone from the facilities and the visits stopped. However, the internet and e-mail has reconnected me with several of them who worked with me in the early 1960s. They are all retired now and sadly, some have died. I find that rehab workers., who have long-term vision and goals for us, appreciate learning the outcome of their efforts, good and bad. I have kept in touch with several of the SCIs who I worked with at the beginning of my rehab career.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I've returned to the rehab center I was at to say hello. Also have sent emails to them via the social worker at the center.

I rehabbed at the Institute of Rehabilitation at Santa Barbara, and I used to go down and visit couple times a year when I lived in Pismo. The PT and OT I had were gone soon after I left rehab, but a lot of the nurses were still there.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Well, I sent them Friend Requests on Facebook so hopefully it'll be ok haha