Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do You?

Do You?

Random question here...

Do any of you keep in touch with old PTs/OTs/STs of yours through Facebook or email or anything like that? Also, sorry if this is in the totally wrong forum.

WG

One of my OTs is my friend. We met 10 years ago and she was helping me to adapt my flat. She is not my OT anymore but I think she was at least working for me three years. So when I got a new one, we continue to talk and her daughter works as my assistent now. We meet and talk on the phone quite often
    TH 12, 43 years post

unfortunately, no
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    One of my OTs is my friend. We met 10 years ago and she was helping me to adapt my flat. She is not my OT anymore but I think she was at least working for me three years. So when I got a new one, we continue to talk and her daughter works as my assistent now. We meet and talk on the phone quite often
    I'd like to, I just don't know if it's ok or not....

I'm anti-facebook, but I go back to my rehab center just to visit my 4 PTs and OT at least once every 2 months, as well I will track down my social worker who is the most amazing lady. These women are queens, I place them on the highest pestestal. They took the most beligerent arrogant alcoholic drug-addicted misogynist piece of shit (me) and turned him into a positive contributing member of society. I tapped their strength and knowledge and turned it into a motivational energy that I *_NEVER_* thought I would possess, broken neck or not. I tear up thinking about those caring sharing beautiful women that gave me another chance at life. My rehab doctor told me repeatedly I would never live independently. These ladies never once showed disbelief that I would leave the hospital 100% independent. Within 90 days I had been shown everything I needed to live in this world using a manual wheelchair and left the hospital scared but empowered by their exceptional work. Its been 18-1/2 months and I can still close my eyes and be in that physical therapy room surrounded by their loving hearts. God bless them.

They are truly a different breed. All my life I had been around people that hate their jobs and do nothing but bitch and complain. These ladies changed my entire perspective, I realized that not everyone was out to get me and what a wonderful world we live in. They enjoy my visits, I have to time them properly so as not to interfere with their new patients as well as their home life/schedule because we can often talk for an hour without any sort of awkwardness. Because of the amount of time we spent together we can almost read each others thoughts, know each well. I carry on about my quad life exploits, wheelchair sports, etc. They are especially impressed with my knowledge of manual wheelchair and sport equipment, all of which I can attribute to my time spent here at CareCure. Having never seen D's Locks they were very interested in them, noteably for patients that require an attendant to push the chair - the locking lever can be mounted in an easily-accessible position to increase safety.

The first Christmas I was out of the hospital I contemplated buying them all a piece of nice jewellery. I decided against it, I didn't want to weird them out. I've come to the realization that my gift to them is to give back to society in any way I can, after all that is the reason they do their job. I know it's certainly not for the paycheque.

@ tooley -beautiful [tear]
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Our O/T 's are a bunch of cute kids working for the Goverment health system. Yes i taught them a few things about how to cope with my disability. O/T in my country is a joke. Your on your own here.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    I'm anti-facebook, but I go back to my rehab center just to visit my 4 PTs and OT at least once every 2 months, as well I will track down my social worker who is the most amazing lady. These women are queens, I place them on the highest pestestal. They took the most beligerent arrogant alcoholic drug-addicted misogynist piece of shit (me) and turned him into a positive contributing member of society. I tapped their strength and knowledge and turned it into a motivational energy that I *_NEVER_* thought I would possess, broken neck or not. I tear up thinking about those caring sharing beautiful women that gave me another chance at life. My rehab doctor told me repeatedly I would never live independently. These ladies never once showed disbelief that I would leave the hospital 100% independent. Within 90 days I had been shown everything I needed to live in this world using a manual wheelchair and left the hospital scared but empowered by their exceptional work. Its been 18-1/2 months and I can still close my eyes and be in that physical therapy room surrounded by their loving hearts. God bless them.

They are truly a different breed. All my life I had been around people that hate their jobs and do nothing but bitch and complain. These ladies changed my entire perspective, I realized that not everyone was out to get me and what a wonderful world we live in. They enjoy my visits, I have to time them properly so as not to interfere with their new patients as well as their home life/schedule because we can often talk for an hour without any sort of awkwardness. Because of the amount of time we spent together we can almost read each others thoughts, know each well. I carry on about my quad life exploits, wheelchair sports, etc. They are especially impressed with my knowledge of manual wheelchair and sport equipment, all of which I can attribute to my time spent here at CareCure. Having never seen D's Locks they were very interested in them, noteably for patients that require an attendant to push the chair - the locking lever can be mounted in an easily-accessible position to increase safety.

The first Christmas I was out of the hospital I contemplated buying them all a piece of nice jewellery. I decided against it, I didn't want to weird them out. I've come to the realization that my gift to them is to give back to society in any way I can, after all that is the reason they do their job. I know it's certainly not for the paycheque.
    That's very similar to how I feel which is why I would like to keep in touch with them.

yup... well, a few select ones... since '99.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    yup... well, a few select ones... since '99.
    How do you keep in touch with them Scott?