Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Physical Therapy Not Considered Medically Necessary

Hi jhorn4012 BirdOPrey5 and everyone
    Trust me I know it is nationwide
    These situations urk me , The cutbacks point blank piss me off but legislatively I am a no body and many bigwig's frankly do not care I have seen these i'll crisis destroy my friends , kill a few over the years and my grandfather he died in the 80's as a result of him not being able to afford a heart medication in NY

Speaking a little about myself I only had very very limited therapy and my medications are all goofy
    @ this point I am just putting up with their stupidity ( cutbacks )

I am not taking thing's lightly but then I also am at a point in my life that being as tough as I am I really do not care because all these medical reform cutbacks made my back as hard as a turtle .

This nationwide medical pandomonium is Rediculous but there is tons of ppl mis abusing our medical medications selling their monthly prescriptions and such only making it 100 x harder on the needy .

This crap has been going on for ages since 80's as far as I can remember back it pisses me off because now Medicaid , medicare etc... Dr's do not want to deal with this Junk

If people were honest to themselves and not abusive on the system much of these problems could have been alleviated

When some sick , disabled , elderly person needs their medications and therapy etc...
    Thing's would and can be better ..

I am only one small voice but I carry my share of clout in fact's .A wallop of a punch lol Sadly I do not see justice in Medical Reform and All of these cutbacks ,, maybe these Voted delegates and head honcho's should stop taking fancy vacations and come back to reality . I gave up even believing a Governor was anything
    Now to me they are a name behind a fancy suit .

America is going down the toilet but soon someone will have to call the plumber when the toilet get's clogged .

This is why when voting time comes around etc... It is so very important to know who and what you are voting on and about so this CRAP could be avoided .

Right now I am just fed up .
    GL

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    These situations urk me , The cutbacks point blank piss me off but legislatively I am a no body and many bigwig's frankly do not care I have seen these i'll crisis destroy my friends , kill a few over the years and my grandfather he died in the 80's as a result of him not being able to afford a heart medication in NY

Speaking a little about myself I only had very very limited therapy and my medications are all goofy

I am not taking thing's lightly but then I also am at a point in my life that being as tough as I am I really do not care because all these medical reform cutbacks made my back as hard as a turtle .

This nationwide medical pandomonium is Rediculous but there is tons of ppl mis abusing our medical medications selling their monthly prescriptions and such only making it 100 x harder on the needy .

This crap has been going on for ages since 80's as far as I can remember back it pisses me off because now Medicaid , medicare etc... Dr's do not want to deal with this Junk

If people were honest to themselves and not abusive on the system much of these problems could have been alleviated

When some sick , disabled , elderly person needs their medications and therapy etc...

I am only one small voice but I carry my share of clout in fact's .A wallop of a punch lol Sadly I do not see justice in Medical Reform and All of these cutbacks ,, maybe these Voted delegates and head honcho's should stop taking fancy vacations and come back to reality . I gave up even believing a Governor was anything

America is going down the toilet but soon someone will have to call the plumber when the toilet get's clogged .

This is why when voting time comes around etc... It is so very important to know who and what you are voting on and about so this CRAP could be avoided .

GL
    GL:
    Please see my last post. There is a way to make our politicians aware of what the disabled community needs to lead a better life.

Disability.gov Update: Submit Your Questions Online for the July 14 White House Virtual Town Hall Meeting
    Friday, July 8, 2011 3:27 PM

On Thursday, July 14th from 1:00 - 2:00 PM Eastern, Disability.gov will air a live "Virtual" Town Hall meeting to introduce top White House advisors on disability policy. If you have questions about disability-related subjects or issue areas, please submit them online by 6:00 PM on July 13th. To watch this live event, go to Disability.gov's home page on July 14th at 1:00 PM, and click the button that says "Watch the White House Virtual Town Hall Live!"

Everyone also post at Christopher Reeve and Dana facebook page on their wall. Let's get something started by letting the advocacy group know that denying one's physical therapy to 1.5 million people in the U.S. is the wrong way to go about helping the disabled community.
    Aggie Mom 2007

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post

GL
    GL:
    Please see my last post. There is a way to make our politicians aware of what the disabled community needs to lead a better life.

Disability.gov Update: Submit Your Questions Online for the July 14 White House Virtual Town Hall Meeting

On Thursday, July 14th from 1:00 - 2:00 PM Eastern, Disability.gov will air a live "Virtual" Town Hall meeting to introduce top White House advisors on disability policy. If you have questions about disability-related subjects or issue areas, please submit them online by 6:00 PM on July 13th. To watch this live event, go to Disability.gov's home page on July 14th at 1:00 PM, and click the button that says "Watch the White House Virtual Town Hall Live!"

Everyone also post at Christopher Reeve and Dana facebook page on their wall. Let's get something started by letting the advocacy group know that denying one's physical therapy to 1.5 million people in the U.S. is the wrong way to go about helping the disabled community.
    Aggie Mom 2007

It is more than just the disabled community
    elderly ppl having hard time with their medications

We have stupid drug abusers selling medicine on the streets

There are ppl like us who need our medical system to stay stable so our lives are not harder
    today i went through a headaches of un necessary paperwork because of the
    Medical reform / cutbacks still waiting for a simple reply regarding necessary rims / tires for my main wheelchair no one has given me a safe good cushion yet
    so among all of this hogwash I am using a old ripped no good ancient wrong cushion hoping it will last me untill who knows what the Crows bring in .
    No one cares

I am tired of governors claiming this and that yet too stuck up to speak honestly heart to heart with me
    This is a frustrating situation almost pushing me to find a substuite back up insurance company or something
    I just dont know
    It is all hog Wash
    Denying ppl who need therapy is just wrong yet , So where do these head Honcho's get off thinking there is Logical Justice in any of those misconceptions ?

I read that they rather throw many disabled ppl in assisted places this is un called for ...Let those Governors and head honchos go move / live in one of those places
    ( institions ) Then maybe they will know what it is like to smell and see death first hand plus much depression .
    GL

As for PPl selling prescription Drugs on the streets
    They should go get a job and lives

This is what made it harder for so many needy ppl who need Real Help .

Quote Originally Posted by jhorn4012 View Post
    Update:

Update: Disability.gov Update: Submit Your Questions Online for the July 14 White House Virtual Town Hall Meeting

Joe:
    There is an appeal process with every state insurance company. Call your state officials and let them know what is happening in the Medicaid HMO companies. I also went to christopher and dana reeve facebook site and their working on an advocacy group to help everyone that is going through this. So get all your friends to help get the point across because you and my daughter and all the 1.5 million in the U.S. disabled don't want to have your physical therapy denied.

Thanks... Guess I will keep looking for this elusive appeals process.

But in my case it wasn't a Medicaid HMO, it was the actual company offering physical therapy- they wouldn't consider giving me any more visits because they knew they would not get paid. Even if a Doctor approved it they say Medicaid will audit them and deny payments regardless.
    Last edited by BirdOPrey5; 07-09-2011 at 08:28 AM.
    -Joe.

Joe:
    I apologize. I can't get my iphone to quote inside a thread. I will use my computer.

Update: I received a call back from private insurance. We have an advocacy group within BCBS and they are going to find out why we haven't received the Denial Letter of service that Amerigroup has verbally informed our daughter's physical therapist at HealthSouth. For that matter our private insurance hasn't received any denial letter of service and Amerigroup stopped paying for visits in March?? Without any notice until now!!! Please everyone go to the Town Hall Meeting online :
    http://<font size="+2">https://www.d...content</font>
    https://www.disability.gov/question/save#content[/size] Update: Submit Your Questions Online for the July 14 White House Virtual Town Hall Meeting if that link doesn't work: https://www.disability.gov/question/save#content and submit your questions and let's get the government to work for helping the disabled and not putting them back into the shadows.

On Thursday, July 14th from 1:00 - 2:00 PM Eastern, whitehouse.gov will air a live "Virtual" Town Hall meeting to introduce top White House advisors on disability policy. If you have questions about disability-related subjects or issue areas, please submit them online by 6:00 PM on July 13th at https://www.disability.gov/question/save#content. To watch this live event, go to whitehouse.gov's home page on July 14th at 1:00 PM, and click the button that says "Watch the White House Virtual Town Hall Live!
    Last edited by jhorn4012; 07-10-2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: editing url https://www.disability.gov/question/save#content
    Aggie Mom 2007

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    According to Medicare's definition of Medically Necessary, forget about bathing or taking a dump, other than while in bed. "Medically Necessary" and Medicare coverage, as most of us have discovered, stops at the bathroom door.

r
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Yeppers Agreed goldnucs Ty

Did anyone watch Town Hall Mtg. online? There were so many people on the and it crashed and I lost 30 mins. The panel did answer one question d
    from a person in Colley Tx. If anyone would like to join our group to advocate a Cure for Paralysis please email stemcellsatombombs Dennis Tesolat in Osaka Japan. He sometimes posts to threads at CareCure.
    Aggie Mom 2007