Thread: Not a poll

Not a poll

But what country say in the western world of medicine is doing the least or nothing for SCI cures?

I personally think we in the Scandinavian countries cold do more.

For sure all of the European Nations could do more. I know that the UK could do a lot more than it does right now beyond the basic academic science at the universities.

It has clearly been highlighted recently that translational science is underfunded in the UK. And to be fair, the UK Govt did identify this and try to boost translation with a new fund. See: http://www.uknetguide.co.uk/Latest-N...800446040.html

As soon as I found out about this news I contacted Spinal Research and suggested that they should flight for a slice of this fund for SCI - did they do it? What do you think?

Afraid the UK is straight jacketed into the dark ages of the incurable dogma. Mention of a cure to health professionals I have found to elicit the "what a weird idea" look. My consultant, when I asked about cures, replied vaguely about the Geron trial. I am sure that many have scarcely heard of the other initiatives.

At the risk of repeating myself, the UK hardly makes a good job of really good care, let alone cure.

Pelican makes a good point: what exactly are Spinal Research about if they can be negative towards this funding opportunity?
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by chris arnold View Post
    Pelican makes a good point: what exactly are Spinal Research about if they can be negative towards this funding opportunity?
    Maybe not negative, but rather passive. Where is the umph?