Thread: Van Battery (rollx in floor ramp)

Van Battery (rollx in floor ramp)

Was having the usual issues as other threads i read about . Slow ramp, dragging on the start then finally overnight wouldn't start in A.M. .... Did the usual battery ck = good , alternator ck = good , electrical draw ck = good ..... outcome was a good battery , but just not good enough to run the requirements of the van with the extra draw ....... So my solution was installing a optima blue top, deep cycle 1000 cranking amps 800 cold cranking amp battery 100 minute deep cycle reserve ...... Starts perfect , ramp runs in an out as it's supposed too.... Figured id post my solution as it may help others .... bought it online @ advanced auto with store pick up found online coupon to save 20% and receive a $25 off $50 purchase in the future, so i saved $42 and have a $25 off coupon ....

Sounds like you found a good fix for your situation!!!
    All the Best,
    GJ

I would call Becky at RollX vans and tell her what happened. It's possible the controller needs to be re-calibrated. She'll walk you through the program to make sure the controller is set at the lowest voltage setting. Her # is 952-808-2740. Tell her Chris-M from Michigan told you to call. She'll work with you.. She's awesome.

Blog Entries
    Grant, I went through the same problem with my VMI in-floor ramp, and instead of the blue top, went with theOptima yellow top. Absolutely solved my problem as well. Sears has a Die Hard that has the deep cycle feature at a comparable price.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Blue Tops are essentially Yellow Tops with 2 extra posts, FYI.

I disagree w/ Chris; this sounds like a battery issue & not something needing further diagnosis... but if it gives peace of mind, that's cool.

Blog Entries
    Scott, agreed, the regular batteries just don't have the durability and depth of charge to handle all of the electronics (and electrics) in a rampvan and get it started too. They work well when they are new, but after a year or so, start to fail.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    Blue Tops are essentially Yellow Tops with 2 extra posts, FYI.

I disagree w/ Chris; this sounds like a battery issue & not something needing further diagnosis... but if it gives peace of mind, that's cool.
    I had the same issue with a brand new battery in a brand new van. The whole issue was brought on because the controller lost it's memory and the voltage draw for the program changed which in turned drained the battery over night. You might have a new battery now but over time it's gonna die. I am a service tech and i did confirm this with Roll X vans. It's worth the call. It's a real easy procedure to do. Trust me.

I tried the optima battery as well with little luck. It lasted just as long as the others, 2-3 years. Mine was a different situation than yours but I've come to the conclusion that I will need to replace them when I detect that slow ramp. BTW, I think an auto ignition starter will help ease the load on the battery.