Thread: Finally going to get a Tilite wheelchair so I can get a Freewheel.

Thumbs up Finally going to get a Tilite wheelchair so I can get a Freewheel.

Gonna order it off sportaid... I am really really tired of dealing with DME's/insurance. Hopefully I can order it soon so I can take it out before it gets way too cold. I was wondering if a ZR would be better for out doors stuff or if a ZRA would work alright. I was thinking a ZR might be better since it has mostly welded joints. Any thoughts?
    I'm Sam.

I have a ZRA with a freewheel and it does fine outside.

My Freewheel fits perfectly on a Quickie GT. Doesnt fit my Lasher or Marvel, though.

I wouldn't want anyone to get the impression the Freewheel has issues with brands other than TiLite.

Actually, if you order the TiLite angle adjustable footrest you'll have to remove metal from the footrest bracket in order to mount a Freewheel, IIRC.

Not true for any other brand, it clicks right on.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Blog Entries
    Don't go for the ZR unless you know EXACTLY what you need for measurements. If you could demo a ZRa and find out what fits, that would be the way to go.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Being from the Northwest myself. It really doesn't matter. If you are concerned about durability go with the Tr or Tra. I've had both the ZRA and Tr and will never go back to an open frame again.

I have a ZRA with a freewheel and it does fine outside too.

Pat

Thank you all for the help! Much appreciated!
    I'm Sam.

Also, Pat made a modification to the Freewheel and you no longer have to shave down the metal on the footrest. Pat can correct me if I am wrong, but he has some of the metal brackets that attach the angle adj. footrest and ships you one with the purchase that is shaped correctly for installation. Then just asks you to send yours to him and he then fixes it to send to someone else (I'm assuming only new?). Pat, please correct me if I am wrong. I do remember you saying something about that at the expo in LA when we were there in April.
    I finally got to try the Freewheel this year b/c I could attach it to my AeroZ with angle adj footrest. Now if I could just get the MONEY to buy the amazing thing Pat has created! (I would have taken the demo for an extended "test drive" but didn't want there to be a post saying "CC member stole one of my demo units!")
    One of these days Pat I will win the lottery or something and find a way to buy one.
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    My Freewheel fits perfectly on a Quickie GT. Doesnt fit my Lasher or Marvel, though.
    Off-topic:

I had to alter the hardware on the freewheel to get it to fit on my Lasher since they use rather "deep" foot rest platform. If you want to see how I did it, let me know.

Very cool, Joey. I make custom pieces all the time for the odd footrest owner.

Pat