Thread: FERRATI ELECTRONIC DEVICE

FERRATI ELECTRONIC DEVICE

ANY THOUGHTS OR COMMENTS?

THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE SOME INFORMATION THAT I HAVE BEEN "WORKING ON"... HERE IS AN EMAIL REPLY FROM PAOLO FOA'. AFTER THE REPLY IS THE INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT IT IS I HAVE BEEN "LOOKING INTO"........JIM AND I ARE VERY INTERESTED IN THIS AND PERHAPS ITALY IS OUR NEXT DESTINATION...............

Dear Robin

thank you for your mail. Please note that Ferrati Electronic device is not yet available in the US. An official presentation of the device in several US rehabilitation centers should take place next July, but we are still waiting for confirmations.

At the time being Mr Ferrati has not yet licensed his technology for US market, but agreed to stop negotiations for North and South American market for the period March 31st July 31st 2002.

Consequently, should you decide to travel to us we will be very pleased to give you any further information you may need and to organise a meeting with Mr Ferrati. A meeting with Mr Torro, the paraplegic who first used Ferrati device and presently is walking 4 hours a day with said device could also be organised.

Negotiations for the exploitation of the technology in US could eventually (only in case we do not finalize an agreement with the other parties presently involved) take place only after July 31st next.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Paolo FoÃ*
    N & G Consulting
    Corso di Porta Vittoria, 9
    20122 Milan (Italy)

tel.: +39 025417991
    fax: +39 0254179920
    e-mail: p.foa@ngpatent.it ; notage@ngpatent.it

HERE IS THE WEB SITE WITH THE INFORMATION REGARDING THIS DEVICE:

Click here: APPARECCHIO ELETTRONICO FERRATI PER FARE CAMMINARE I PARAPLEGICI

http://www.ferrati.com/usa/home.htm

FERRATI ELECTRONIC is a Company established to fight against PARAPLEGIA, TETRAPLEGIA and to arouse COMATOSE patients with the employ of Electronics and Virtual Reality.

The headquarters of FERRATI ELECTRONIC are sited at Novate Milanese (Milan).

after 22 years of studies and research, our pool of Engineers, guided by the Founder BENITO FERRATI, has developed the "FERRATI ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT TO ENABLE PARAPLEGICS TO WALK WITHOUT ELECTROSTIMULATION (Patents obtained all the world over).

The video of the trial (http://www.ferrati.com/usa/dimostrazione.htm) performed on January 27, 2000, in the Hospital of Zevio (VR), shows that NICOLA TORRO, a young man paralyzed at both legs since over 7 years, was able to walk with this new Scientific Invention. Please read the Medical Report of Dr. FELICIANA CORTESE, Head Physician of Physiatric Department.

HOW TO CONTACT US:FERRATI ELECTRONICTelefono +39 - 049 - 66.41.02 - Fax +39 - 02 - 3541407
    Sede Amministrativa: Via Polveriera 41 - 20026 - NOVATE (MILANO) - (ITALY)
    Sede Commerciale: Via Cerato, 14 - 35122 - PADOVA - (ITALY)

E-mail: info@ferrati.com

REPORT OF THE EXPERIMENT CARRIED OUT
    IN THE HOSPITAL OF ZEVIO (VR)

Dr. Feliciana Cortese - Health Diector and Head Physician of "Fondazione C.I.S.R." - Centro Riabilitazione Polifunzionale presso Ospedale Chiarenzi di Zevio (VR)
    "We have just concluded the practical demonstration of the equipment which enables the spinal injured person to achieve a very important function such as deambulation. Therefore, it was particularly interesting for me to see, in this instance thanks to Nicola Torro, the technical and practical modes to achieve this walking function even many years after the trauma. I want to report some impressions. First of all, I have to say that this system is totally innovative. It differs virtually from all the other systems available so far, since it uses NO ELECTROSTIMULATION of the muscular groups. SINCE THERE IS NO ELECTROSTIMULATION, but a totally innovative system is used, as experimented by Mr. Ferrati, it is a really more flexible system. Indeed, I have seen that Nicola was able to wear very easily the orthoses, which, of course, have to be tailor-made for each individual patient. I have seen the extreme easiness of the postural shifts which are extremely difficult for a patient with spinal injury when he/she has to reach the standing position from the sitting position on a wheelchair. It is sufficient to reach the standing position.
    The patient was able to walk in a very rhythmic manner with a remarkable easiness. I was really impressed by his harmonic and light walking. I could not see any extreme difficulties for the patient in using the orthoses or the walker, as this occurs through an extremely easy system of compressed air. From the clinical point of view, I think it is very important to check which could be the positive changes of this system.
    The function of deambulation is not simply the ability of walking, but it is also the facilitation of other systems which are extremely important for the well-being of the subject. Therefore, it is also necessary to check a reactivation, in general, of the visceral function, a reactivation of the muscular system and thus also of the circulatory system. Actually, we could find this result after the use of the walking equipment when we tested the state of the skin and also its heat. This means that it is a particularly important reactivation system."

I think I'd like to have something that causes muscle contractions in order to reverse atrophy. It's hard to tell but I don't think this system causes muscle contractions. It still is very interesting, however. Yet I think a hybrid approach combining the compressed air system with FES would be superior.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~