Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Started Sweating recenty

Started Sweating recenty

I stopped sweating after my injury which was 11yrs back. I used to get a mild dampness round my neck, and nothing more even at hot temperatures. In the past 1 month, I get to sweat more - only on my left shoulder, left side of the neck, left fore head and below my left eye. This leaves my pillow wet. I had been feeling good about this new come back, though I haven't got to sweat back all over my body. But now, when it sweats, it sweats too much (only on specific places as I mentioned) I start feeling cold and it keeps sweating still.. looks like missing coordination. Takes time to stop/ This disturbs my sleep every night - but that's ok. I'm worried if I need to do something about this. Or, Can I let it go?

sounds like a/d sweats. i started about a year or so ago after 20 years of not sweating. my a/d was goosebumps when i had to cath then when i started on the pain meds it changed to sweating. hope this helps but everybodys different.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

mine started about 4 years ago (18 years post sci)

Quote Originally Posted by cripple4life View Post
    sounds like a/d sweats. i started about a year or so ago after 20 years of not sweating. my a/d was goosebumps when i had to cath then when i started on the pain meds it changed to sweating. hope this helps but everybodys different.
    me too..years later suddenly slight moistness when I have to pee..
    but only when I have slight ad.. bad....and odor from sweat only from one arm...strange..never had to use deoderant..now..hmmm
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Sweats

Sounds like a/d for sure. I get sweats when I need to cath or I lay in one position too long on a hard mattress while sleeping. If your on bladder spasm meds like ditropan or vesicare you may want to ask your Dr if you can up your night time dose.

HI,
    Do you check your blood pressure when this happens? If not, I would recommend you do to see if this is autonomic dysreflexia.

AAD

I have sweated slightly for many years in bed and when sitting up for no reason that I can isolate. My blood pressure doesn't go up but I suspect it is some sort of irritation. It can be quite uncomfortable for me particularly in winter but I have resorted to wearing a beanie to bed which of course impresses my wife (not) and it acts as a sponge on my forehead instead of sweat rolling down my face irritatingly.

I probably wouldn't regard it as a positive sign of return but if my example is anything to go by it may come and go for no apparent reason leaving you with managing the uncomfortable nature of it as best you can, in my case it was wearing something that soaked up the beads of sweat while still enabling me to sleep.

I sincerely hope you can isolate the cause and eliminate it but that may not be possible.

Cheers.

I sweat on my right shoulder, right side of my neck and head when I have a pressure area. It can be lightr perspiration to sweating like a horse. It's most annoying, but I'm glad to have it as a warning system.

I've started doing that lately, too, mainly left side of my face and neck, while sitting. I think it's AD, but I can't tell from what. Skin's okay, bowels are empty, Foley is fine, Roho apparently properly inflated according to aides' hands under my butt. Could it be an issue with my twisted spine? My condition continues to deteriorate, wrt sensation changes and pain worsening, particularly in my upper back.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by robert5 View Post
    I stopped sweating after my injury which was 11yrs back. I used to get a mild dampness round my neck, and nothing more even at hot temperatures. In the past 1 month, I get to sweat more - only on my left shoulder, left side of the neck, left fore head and below my left eye. This leaves my pillow wet. I had been feeling good about this new come back, though I haven't got to sweat back all over my body. But now, when it sweats, it sweats too much (only on specific places as I mentioned) I start feeling cold and it keeps sweating still.. looks like missing coordination. Takes time to stop/ This disturbs my sleep every night - but that's ok. I'm worried if I need to do something about this. Or, Can I let it go?

About 6 month ago I had something like that. Then I notice a small red spot on back of my feel. Took the pressure off it stopped.