Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: P.o.F.S. ZRA2

P.o.F.S. ZRA2

4 months in and I can't believe this piece of f**king sh*t Tilite ZRA2 cost me $9,000. Sounds like something broke off in one my titanium handrims and rolls and rattles with every turn... my replacement back rest bracket squeeks with every move and the whole chair squeeks here, there, and every f**king where. Combined with the DME who measured me without shoes leaving my legs spaying badly while outside in shoes, and posting my seat back so high that my arms hit the posts with every thrust I am ready to just stay home permanently. Today I almost took a hacksaw to the back posts... I moved my J3 seatback down but of course the posts stick up way too high.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Demand corrections.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Demand corrections.
    Ditto.
    I'm Sam.

Sorry to hear you are continuing to have problems with that chair. After 6 months and lots of replacement parts I haven't had any issues since. Does creak a lot now I think about it.

if it creaks, tighten it up and see ifr that akes a difference. Nuts and bolts lossen up with the strain we put on them.

Man, you must have more money than sense, $9000??? - that must hurt! I'm pretty sure you were there when the DME measured you, don't you take any responsability? Why didn't you have shoes on? Next time get measured with the same crap you will be wearing when you use the thing. I've just placed an order for a Quickie Q7, here's hoping I'll have more joy. Can't say I'd ever pay $9000, but then again I'm cheap! Good luck getting the thing re-tuned. In the end it'll be fine, TiLite can't afford the bad press & they'll come to the party. If you haven't already, drop them a line & give them a chance to fix things for you. Really, $9000??? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by rentabomb2257 View Post
    . Really, $9000??? Wow.
    I dont understand where the $9,000 comes from either especially if paying out of pocket.......Sportaid has the base chair for $1895.00. Add in a set of 500.00 SPOX wheels, maybe another 400.00 or 500.00 in add on options at the most and you are still less than $3000.00 total out of pocket?

With that said, I hate to hear of the problems with this new chair as this is what I have been fitted for and am awaiting insurance approval.

It''s one of the reasons I went with the Tr rather than another Zr/Zra series.

Quote Originally Posted by ryano View Post
    I dont understand where the $9,000 comes from either especially if paying out of pocket.......Sportaid has the base chair for $1895.00. Add in a set of 500.00 SPOX wheels, maybe another 400.00 or 500.00 in add on options at the most and you are still less than $3000.00 total out of pocket?

With that said, I hate to hear of the problems with this new chair as this is what I have been fitted for and am awaiting insurance approval.
    Unfortunately up in Canada there is what seems to be a monopoly on the wheelchair market. We have an assistive devices program, that is government funded. The ADP pays for 75% of the wheelchair every five years. There is only one dealer of Tilite chairs in Canada. They are making a killing off each chair that is sold. My chair was just over $9100. I didn't know any better when I was first injured, and thought that's just how much they are. I think that the DMEs selling the chairs are taking advantage of the program and in turn taking advantage of the consumer also. It is absolutely ridiculous especially with the poor service and follow up you receive.

I priced out my chair on sport aid to the exact spec that I have and it was just under $3200. Makes me sick.

It depends on the dealer, I got my fairly well loaded ZRA for $5,000 in 04. Paid cash because the BC government doesn't fund ti chairs.