Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: a knows-it-all-better caregiver

Blog Entries

Wink Regine, I say it's healthy to argue.

Absolutely, it's healthy to argue.
    Regine, Now it's your turn to introduce a subject for spirited discussion.
    You may suggest what it truly means to be: "unemployed".

Very funny TimC - lol
    I once had a hospital worker who angered and frightened me. Refusing to suction my vent, for one thing, and etc. I later asked to speak to supervisor and related several issues and requested the worker never again be scheduled for my room. I never saw the worker again, except walking past my room.
    It's ok for good-spirited debate, but take a look at how you feel about it. If it's too negative or upsetting, ask for a replacement.
    Good luck!

Thank you all for your input, it was very supportive. I did give him the article that KLD pointed out. He'll be back tomorrow night and I will decide spontaneously what to tell him. All your ideas sound great!

I'm with Triumph...don't be afraid to report unprofessional behavior. What started with that type of behavior with one aid ended up turning into an outright assault a few weeks afterward.

Whether you pay for his services or it's elsewhere funded, you are the proverbial boss and can ask him not to return.

My own story: http://www.squidoo.com/dealing-with-patient-abuse

Quote Originally Posted by Regine View Post
    But this keeps bothering me somehow and I wanted to ask you all two questions:
    Is he right??
    Would you argue with him if not, or just forget about it?
    Regine
    Tell him the Führer is dead and if you wanted someone to dictate to you, you'd buy audiobooks.

who cares... you're paying them to help you not to argue. i've never had one argument with mine. i would just ask them for someone else.

Blog Entries
    Regine, how did you make out with the post printout workday?
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Send him here so we can destroy him.
    I was kinda thinking that.
    he is mistaken, but well, I hate people who know everything and wants to argue about silly things.

im no expert at all, but being at ccc for years, learned that a lot of c6 complete quads have wrist reflex, but no finger movement.

next time he wants to argue about stupid shit, roll your eyes and let him be stupid.

there are c4 and c5 complete quads here who have only reflex wrist reflex, no hand or finger movement.

if he continues to annoy you, you can request they not send him.

how is his care otherwise?

khaleeka,
    those bruises are awful! how did you get them? are the arm bruises from her hands squeezing you? and what about the strap marks on you ankles?
    It looks like they were put on very tight, cutting off circulation from the swelling above the strap marks.
    I read your story and Iv seen lifts used, and nothing goes around your ankles and arms that way, so im not understanding the terrible bruising you recieved as a result of being moved with a sling lift.

Blog Entries
    I have had this kind of experience numerous times. For me most often it's my caregivers thinking they know more about my body or my house than I do. I find it so annoying that I admit I don't feel bad having a patronizing attitude about it. If it's purely a difference that does not affect me really, I usually just enjoy the amusement and let it go. What do I care what they think? If they plan to act on their beliefs in a way that would be damaging to me or my belongings, then I may try to discuss it for while and then just ask firmly that they do it my way no matter what they think. If it's a reasonable caregiver or a reasonable uncertainty, we would deal with it like any two rational people– discuss it, look it up, ask around… really try to resolve the question.