Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TiLite Guy?

Wheels & Tires

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    I'm here! I'm here! Mostly answering PM's. Several additional projects are vying for time....

Let me know if you have questions.

TiLite
    I just got the footplate issue the one with 2 inch sides taken care of by Mark ay Ti. If I had known that my feet will be slipping off the sides and just what that 2" sided footplate was I would have gotten it.

Question: I got the basic low flange wire wheels with the 1" Schwalbe with my new chair. Can this wheel accommodate the Primo Knobby Black Side Wheelchair Tires 24" x 1-3/8"?

I don't like the 1" tires.

Thanks,

Gary
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    I'm here! I'm here! Mostly answering PM's. Several additional projects are vying for time....

Let me know if you have questions.

TiLite
    Happy to have you back TiLite Guy!
    Do not confuse silence with consent or fatigue for indifference.

Tilite guy: Custom foot rest

Tilite guy...

I just found a special order form at Tilite. I'm interested in the reverse foot plate. The open one with out the abs plate. How do I go about getting one?

Thanks

Ga, never mind, I just saw the price: $500.!
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    I asked for a CAD drawing for my new ZR2 and Tiffany at Tilite said it would cost me $75 and it would need to be done after chair was completed because they didn't design it. Makes no sense, are they outsourcing wheelchairs now? they also said it would be shipped last friday, but now it has been changed for shipment today. Already off to a good start, NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    I asked for a CAD drawing for my new ZR2 and Tiffany at Tilite said it would cost me $75 and it would need to be done after chair was completed because they didn't design it. Makes no sense, are they outsourcing wheelchairs now? they also said it would be shipped last friday, but now it has been changed for shipment today. Already off to a good start, NOT.
    Are you saying that you did not receive any CAD drawing whatsoever? I have a new ZR2 on order and had to submit a signed approval on the CAD before building could start. At least that's how it's supposed to work.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Are you saying that you did not receive any CAD drawing whatsoever? I have a new ZR2 on order and had to submit a signed approval on the CAD before building could start. At least that's how it's supposed to work.
    nope, my DME called order in and no CAD

Dang JS, The cad is really important for a custom chair. I saw mine and made a couple of changes.

You may want to call your DME and ask him if the chair is wrong due to your not seeing the CAD; will take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    None of this makes sense and sounds like miscommunication. It also sounds like you may be blaming TiLite for something your DME did. When ordering a chair you can request a CAD, there is a charge. You will be asked to sign the CAD and send it back before they make the chair. Now, maybe Tiffany is saying she can get you a CAD after the fact. This is all speculation as I don't know the situation.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

My understanding is that TI will send you a CAD drawing for free if you ask for it. Any additional one(s) after that will cost you $75 each.
    Do not confuse silence with consent or fatigue for indifference.

FYI, from the order form:

"If you have requested a DRAWING of this chair, a copy of the drawing SIGNED by YOU must be received by TiLite before TiLite can process the order."
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982