Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another quake in japan

Quote Originally Posted by flicka View Post
    Prior to their 9.enormous, this would be true. Pretty amazing their skyscrapers rode it out so well. Now that the country has been damaged to such an extent though, a 6.7 could finish off what the 9.huge started.
    Yeah, for every full point on the scale, the magnitude doubles, doesn't it? True, the 9 really left them vulnerable to lower sized quakes but before the 9, they could've handled and were prepared for an 8.

Despite the coverage largely leaving the media, the nuclear reactors still pose problems and threats to the environment, and most acutely to the surrounding areas.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Yeah, for every full point on the scale, the magnitude doubles, doesn't it? True, the 9 really left them vulnerable to lower sized quakes but before the 9, they could've handled and were prepared for an 8.
    It depends on the epicenter of the earthquake. The Kobe earthquake in Japan on January 17, 1995, was measured at 6.8. Approximately 6,000 people lost their lives and the cost was about $100,000,000.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

The coastal fishing towns are the ones that round up the sacred dolphins and slaughter them, including main culture that still slaughter whales in the name of research, plus totally decimating the bluefin tuna with the net scoop technique. GAI'S VENGENCE. were all a slaughtering species but the time is at hand for a major change. Shes raped and tired beyond any sympathy.
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..

Well that's one way to look at it.