Thread: Otto bock cushion

Otto bock cushion

Is anyone who is spinal injured using, or have tried the Otto Bock Cloud cushion. What do you think to it?

Cloud with Floam

Excellent choice for a cushion.

I had to get fitted for a new 'chair and my evaluation was from the Cleveland Metro Rehab Center. They were the ones to show the Otto Bock cushion. I've been using them for sixteen years. Wouldn't use anything else. The cushion never bottoms out and if a gel cell ruptures you just replace the one gel cell.

Excellent cushion.

Don't settle for a cheap cushion. You are putting yourself at risk for a pressure sore.

Ti
    Last edited by titanium4motion; 06-22-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

I really like the concept of the Otto Cloud and have almost pulled the trigger on buying one but have stalled. The overall thickness scares me away. Not because of protection but because I don't want to sit higher than I do now as my backrest is as high as it goes. Specs say it is 1/2" thicker than me current Jay2 cushion.

I have tried to get a demo cushion but have not had luck with that.

T4M, when one sits on a Cloud do you drop into it at all like sitting on a couch cushion or do you stay "up" on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skogy View Post
    I really like the concept of the Otto Cloud and have almost pulled the trigger on buying one but have stalled. The overall thickness scares me away. Not because of protection but because I don't want to sit higher than I do now as my backrest is as high as it goes. Specs say it is 1/2" thicker than me current Jay2 cushion.

I have tried to get a demo cushion but have not had luck with that.

T4M, when one sits on a Cloud do you drop into it at all like sitting on a couch cushion or do you stay "up" on it?
    Well, do you want a thin cushion and a stage IV pressure sore or do you want your butt protected from a stage IV pressure sore?

The Otto Bock Cloud protects your butt even in the tail bone and pelvic areas and I got a boney butt too!. I have never had a pressure sore from using their cushion or in my entire spinal cord injury career. Excellent, excellent cushion. The only concern about the cushion is it's weight. Comparing a pressure sore verses a heavy cushion? I'll take the cushion to protect my butt.

Your pelvic bone will contour to the cushion but (No pun intended!) will not bottom out like those other jell cushions.

The Otto Bock Floam is like going from a folding 'chair to a rigid chair or going from a folding back to a welded back 'chair. Once you sit in an Otto Bock Floam you won't go back to what you were using before.

Never go cheap with a cushion. I had Jay gel cushions and the cells would always rupture. The 16 years I've been using the Cloud I only had one jell cell that broke open. Very easy to replace.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    i have an Otto Bock cushion i used for quite a while, really liked it but it is heavy. it is also a little cooler than the Jay2 i had used previously because the gel packs "absorb" some of the heat. I switched to a supracore because I'm very active and don't sit still long.

Anyone have experience with the Otto Bock Advantage cushion?

Just pulled the trigger on it. A new Cloud that is.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Anyone have experience with the Otto Bock Advantage cushion?

Very interesting at 2", tempted to order one.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Well I am on my first Otto cloud. Feels much different than the ol J2 that I have been on for 18 yrs. See how it goes, will report back later.