Thread: Pfizer’s Lyrica Top-Line Results Positive In Global Phase 3 Study Of Central Neuropat

Pfizer’s Lyrica Top-Line Results Positive In Global Phase 3 Study Of Central Neuropat

Press Releases
    Pfizer’s Lyrica Top-Line Results Positive In Global Phase 3 Study Of Central Neuropathic Pain Following Spinal Cord Injury
    By Business Wire 06/21/11 - 07:30 AM EDT

Add Comment
    Stock quotes in this article:PFE

Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) announced today that top-line results for Lyrica Study A0081107 – Central Neuropathic Pain Following Spinal Cord Injury – demonstrated that the study met its primary endpoint: positive efficacy in reducing Central Neuropathic Pain following Spinal Cord Injury with Lyrica (pregabalin) com
    Central Neuropathic Pain is a heterogeneous group of pain conditions initiated or caused by a primary lesion in the central nervous system and occurs often following spinal cord injury.

“We are pleased with the top-line results of this study and look forward to more fully understanding the benefit that Lyrica may bring to these patients,” said Steven J. Romano, M.D., senior vice president, Head, Medicines Development Group, Global Primary Care Business Unit, Pfizer, Inc.

read...

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11159...rd-injury.html

I'm glad Lyrica can help SCI in severe pain - bur I must admit there's a touch of scepticism in me. (Bahclofen anyone?)
    "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

I'm on baclofen too, but I try to keep it at an absolute minimum..
    "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Lyrica ® is currently approved in 110 countries and regions globally. In the United States, Lyrica (pregabalin) capsules CV is approved to treat Diabetic Nerve Pain, Pain after Shingles, Fibromyalgia and partial onset seizures in adults with epilepsy who take one or more drugs for seizures. Lyrica is not approved to treat Central Neuropathic Pain in the U.S. Treatment with Lyrica may cause dizziness, somnolence, peripheral edema or blurred vision. Other most common adverse reactions include dry mouth, weight gain, constipation, euphoric mood, balance disorder, increased appetite and thinking abnormally. There have been post-marketing reports of angioedema and hypersensitivity. Like other anti-epileptic drugs, Lyrica may cause suicidal thoughts or actions in a very small number of people.

Just looking at this i thought it would help us with spasms and pain . But reading the side effects i am not to sure
    AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

it was a blessing for me nerve pain.had no side effects
    LET A SMILE BE YOUR UMBRELLA

No wieght gain??? That I had, lost the Lyrica and lost 20-25 Lbs. Admittedly, the meds I take now, are not quite as good,(gabepenten) but they do the job.