Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apex 7000 Weight System $1800

Apex/Bodycraft

It's hard for me to see in the pics. Can the apex or bodycraft Galena be used in the chair or do you need to transfer? Thanks

memory4, the APEX is designed for wheelchair users. The Galena can be used if you do not install the seats, but you will need to modify some things.

After looking at some video of the Galena I am convinced that doing a row may be a problem. Even though the back rest does adjust out, it does not look like it will be long enough to support your chest because of the WC. With the Apex, you can turn the back rest a full 90 degrees for extra lenght. I have seen where some have made thier own back rest on the Galena longer, but that is not something I can do. So, back to looking for a CH7000.

Another issue is with the lat pad. If you cannot get that part supported all you will do is come out of the chair.

Looking at the back rest on the APEX is a little more complex and is something wheel chair users need.

Well, on a postive note, at least I will get the preacher curl.
    Last edited by Tim Finn; 07-12-2011 at 02:57 AM.

Hey Tim,

I'm not sure what row exercise you are talking about, using the bench press in reverse? The back rest on the bench press side is easy to adjust, the one on the butterfly side is fixed in position and I had to get longer bolts to extend it far enough off the machine to support my back. I'm a complete C5/6, so even lifting 20lbs tends to really twist my back, I needed solid back support. The only major change I think they should make to the Apex is a lighter weight stack, or options for 2lb or 5lb plates instead of 10lbs.

Yes, bench press in rev.

Hey CC, can you tell me about how your CH7000 was shipped.

How many boxes did it come in?
    Did they just drop it off and you had to get someone to bring it in?

or, where you able to setup a time when they can bring it in and install it?

Thank you

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Finn View Post
    Yes, bench press in rev.

Hey CC, can you tell me about how your CH7000 was shipped.

How many boxes did it come in?
    Did they just drop it off and you had to get someone to bring it in?

or, where you able to setup a time when they can bring it in and install it?

Thank you
    it comes via freight truck. it's packed in a couple big pallets and is heavy. i put mine together mostly on my own with a standing wheelchair, i had to have help putting the weights on and mounting the top. the weights are dropped from the top before putting the top on, it takes 2 to line it up, i lined it up while my broher dropped the top into place.
    you'll want to put it together in the room where it will be, it is too tall to ge through doorways when put together. they claim it is a space saver model, but it takes a good 8 x 8 space to use it with a wheelchair.
    Also, it comes with 2 different pads for the sitting bench press area, one is longer for doing rows plus the one for the bench press adjust out for shoulder press, it uses a spring loaded knob. it also comes with lots of extra parts and handles for doing other exercises that aren't advertised.
    Last edited by jschism; 07-15-2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: add

Jschism, thanks for the info.

Do you have any pics of the gym and any pics showing both pads for the bench press?

How is the shoulder press. Does it feel like you get a full shoulder workout?
    Looking at some video, it seems like you need to lean forward in order to work the full shoulder.
    Last edited by Tim Finn; 07-16-2011 at 02:38 PM.

I know this is many years later, but do you still have it for sale?
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash