Thread: wisr or any one please: how can i get ampyra in the middle east ?

wisr or any one please: how can i get ampyra in the middle east ?

Hi,

I live in Saudi Arabia, my doctor is convinced that i can try Ampyra, he is a lisence doctor in US who works in Saudi Arabia too, but neither me or him have a clue how to order the tablets and get them ship to Saudi Arabia. i need to know the steps needed. any hint is appreciated

ah i almost forgot to say, i am t-12 incomplete, can walk with Afo's and crutches.

Thanks

ttma

contact info@acorda.com and they should be able to supply you the info you need. if problem there phone # is 914-347-4300. they are the ampyra distributor. I too am T-12 incomplete and take ampryra. best of luck. poobear7788@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by poobear View Post
    contact info@acorda.com and they should be able to supply you the info you need. if problem there phone # is 914-347-4300. they are the ampyra distributor. I too am T-12 incomplete and take ampryra. best of luck. poobear7788@comcast.net
    ttma,

The above is good advice. Acorda is committed to helping people with spinal cord injury but Ampyra was approved by the FDA only for multiple sclerosis. You should also know that Acorda did two phase 3 trial to determine whether Ampyra would br helpful to people with spinal cord injury. Ampyra apparently was not effective for people with spinal cord injury. This does not meant that it may not help you but the drug clearly has less effect on people with spinal cord injury than those with multiple sclerosis.

Wise.

thanks poobear, thanks wise

i'll try this.

I contacted acorda and their international distributer, they both cannot provide me with the medication since it is not approved for sci patients. My only choice is to get it thru compounding pharmacies, which i don't have an idea how to reach.