Thread: Jogging

Jogging

After 3 years and one month I finally managed to jog about 20 metres today. I was told I would never walk properly again...but what is a proper walk. My jogging was a bit like jogging on the spot but moving forward slowly. My walking in cold wet weather is pretty pathetic but its about 17 degrees here now(not having great summer weather, typical irish weather, rain clouds little sun), but my walking is way better in the warm weather.

Anyway i am pleased with myself and will try a little bit more jogging tomorrow.

Sadly about two weeks ago someone very close to me, who unfortunately was in an arguement with me, said I was nothing but a disabled paraplegic who was not capable of doing anything....That hurt like hell, and now I can barely talk to that person who i love with all my heart...Help!!!

Cool on the running thing.
    Not sure of what to say on the relationship issue as not sure who said it(makes a difference ). A friend? Relative? Boyfriend? Bartender?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Muriel View Post
    After 3 years and one month I finally managed to jog about 20 metres today. I was told I would never walk properly again...but what is a proper walk. My jogging was a bit like jogging on the spot but moving forward slowly. My walking in cold wet weather is pretty pathetic but its about 17 degrees here now(not having great summer weather, typical irish weather, rain clouds little sun), but my walking is way better in the warm weather.

Anyway i am pleased with myself and will try a little bit more jogging tomorrow.

Sadly about two weeks ago someone very close to me, who unfortunately was in an arguement with me, said I was nothing but a disabled paraplegic who was not capable of doing anything....That hurt like hell, and now I can barely talk to that person who i love with all my heart...Help!!!
    Have you done anything to prove that person wrong? Taking into account the fact that "jogging" isn't much to the vast majority of folks on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    Cool on the running thing.
    Not sure of what to say on the relationship issue as not sure who said it(makes a difference ). A friend? Relative? Boyfriend? Bartender?
    My eldest daughter who I have always been so close to said it to me in an arguement. I don't work and money is tight. I have done the best i can for my kids (divorced Mum) but it never seems to be good enough. Strangly enough while talking to a community office last year, she said to me if college graduates cannot get jobs in this country what hope did someone like me!!

Enough said. Moms and daughters. I'm not a mom but know over the years I've said some hurtful things.
    Not sure of her age but she just maybe scared, growing up and moms make good targets as they usually don't fight back.
    Sit with her when things are calm and discuss the finances etc.
    My family was never rich and when I could not go to college because of cost I was pissed at my parents.

I grew up fast when I got a money lesson.
    So this thread is about jogging or your kid?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

Last edited by Liz321; 06-18-2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: droid

Kipus
    I couldn't move at all after 3 weeks, not even two months but I had some sensation. But when I could move my big toe after two month in the hospital, they sent me to the rehab for 6 month and I walked out without any equipment, and I was walking without equipment for more than 34 years. It was pure luck together with hard work, I did exercise 6 hours 6 days a week for 6 months. That was the way it was done here before.

Muriel
    I am so sorry you daughter told you that, but it is a mother and child thing. My children have said many hurtful things to me and just now my two oldest don't want to see me at all because I am too much for them and they have enough with themselves. Oh yes, they told me and they are adults, 29 and 26 years old. They feel pity because I can't get a job and can't come around to visit people and go to pubs and then they get bad conscience so it is better not to see me.
    Last edited by woman from Europe; 06-18-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Jogging is GREAT. I have that dream, thanks for keeping it alive!

Wow! That's a great accomplishment! I hope to join you in some virtual jogging some day but I have a little more healing to do first.

I was pretty astonished to read of your acquaintances reaction to your jogging. What's that all about?

What you've accomplished is positive and motivating. Don't let this other person spoil it for you.

I have a 18 year old stepson that says the most horrible things to his mother. If we didn't forgive what was said then there would never be any peace around here.

Why was the strawberry sad, because his mother was in a jam.