Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: eLegs for SCI'ers

Give it more time for what? For you to walk like a happy tourist for only ten grand and a few charges a day? Oh yeah... what an amazing potential this holds...

Will it give you back bladder and bowel so you can go to the bathroom like everyone? Will this bring your sexual function back? Will this take away the neuropathic pain or make you breath on your own?
    Will this encourage other lines of research to cure other illnesses?

I can't believe what I read here.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    Give it more time for what? For you to walk like a happy tourist for only ten grand and a few charges a day? Oh yeah... what an amazing potential this holds...

Will it give you back bladder and bowel so you can go to the bathroom like everyone? Will this bring your sexual function back? Will this take away the neuropathic pain or make you breath on your own?

In reality its just a very complex power chair, and will do about as much for you as a power chair does. Its hard for me to get excited about it.

And I thought I took the cake for apathy and negativity... Goddamn, son, what's your problem with technology? I don't know your injury level, but you're only 24 and have a piss poor attitude.

I think these eLegs are pretty damn cool and I'm going to try and get involved in a trial with them next year. No, they won't give me back bladder or bowel function or let me feel my dick, but they'll allow me STAND and WALK, albeit slowly. However, I can easily see the day in the future where I wake up, strap on a pair of robo legs, and walk around pretty normally for the day. Beats the hell out of wheeling. Sure, the technology isn't quite there yet, but it's early. Robo legs like these are going to get spinal cord-injured people walking a hell of a lot sooner than stem cells or any other medical solution, that's for sure.
    6/18/00: T-5 complete

Quote Originally Posted by Rock517 View Post
    And I thought I took the cake for apathy and negativity... Goddamn, son, what's your problem with technology? I don't know your injury level, but you're only 24 and have a piss poor attitude.

I think these eLegs are pretty damn cool and I'm going to try and get involved in a trial with them next year. No, they won't give me back bladder or bowel function or let me feel my dick, but they'll allow me STAND and WALK, albeit slowly. However, I can easily see the day in the future where I wake up, strap on a pair of robo legs, and walk around pretty normally for the day. Beats the hell out of wheeling. Sure, the technology isn't quite there yet, but it's early. Robo legs like these are going to get spinal cord-injured people walking a hell of a lot sooner than stem cells or any other medical solution, that's for sure.
    Outta boy! You deserved it :

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Outta boy! You deserved it :

I've been coming to this site for about five years and you certainly are about the only dick I've run into - and that includes on the political board. In reading your other posts, you spread your shitty attitude around. Please go away; no one here wants to hear from you. I hope you enjoy your depressive state, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock517 View Post
    I've been coming to this site for about five years and you certainly are about the only dick I've run into - and that includes on the political board. In reading your other posts, you spread your shitty attitude around. Please go away; no one here wants to hear from you. I hope you enjoy your depressive state, kid.
    Don't worry, you'll figure it out someday

Don't worry, you'll figure it out someday
    What's that? That you're an insufferable prick? Figured that out already. Go somewhere else; you're not wanted on these boards.

Amanda Boxtel has used these with great success.
    She's on FB and you can watch her videos.
    Excelllent speaker.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Is it just me, but I find this of little interest. I don't want to be walking around like I am looking for Sarah Connor..
    good less competition i am looking for sarah conner or someone like her.
    if a Yak does it for you , good on you!...smile and wink,,i am joking,i know how web stuff can be mis read. well, i sill want Sarah connor
    cauda equina

The important point to mention is that it has applications in Army. That ensures the money stream which turns into fast development. I expect this to be widely used in warfare around the world in not too distant future considering how much stuff soldiers need to carry.