Thread: ipad: only safari won't work?

ipad: only safari won't work?

Hi

Since this morning when I tried to get online with ipad it wouldn't load the pages, some email has come through and ebay, lexulous and youtube works from their own apps.

Sometimes it has suddenly come back and I think its working so start doing some browsing and few mins later it goes white again and says safari is not connected to internet.

In settings Wi-fi is on and my network showing and if go on Macbook or iMac at same time to check they are both loading pages fine?

Any ideas whats wrong?

Kati

Quote Originally Posted by Katilea View Post
    Hi

Since this morning when I tried to get online with ipad it wouldn't load the pages, some email has come through and ebay, lexulous and youtube works from their own apps.

Sometimes it has suddenly come back and I think its working so start doing some browsing and few mins later it goes white again and says safari is not connected to internet.

In settings Wi-fi is on and my network showing and if go on Macbook or iMac at same time to check they are both loading pages fine?

Any ideas whats wrong?

Kati

That happens to me sometimes, I think the network stack gets confused. I go to settings, turn off wifi, then turn it back on and join the network I want. That seems to clear it up.

I tried that it worked at first, I was on a page but then it wouldn't reduce (to show all other pages) and nothing happened pressing icon to reduce page or bookmark only arrows were working back one page, forwards one page.

I downloaded Mercury browser off App store as I couldn't find Safari to download it again and delete the one on mine.

Safari is still locked on that page but Mercury browser works fine and all other apps that need internet like mail, lexulous, ebay, you tube etc are working.

Safari just seemed to stop working this morning it was working normally yesterday, so not sure whats gone wrong with it?

Ipad

Quote Originally Posted by Katilea View Post
    I tried that it worked at first, I was on a page but then it wouldn't reduce (to show all other pages) and nothing happened pressing icon to reduce page or bookmark only arrows were working back one page, forwards one page.

I downloaded Mercury browser off App store as I couldn't find Safari to download it again and delete the one on mine.

Safari is still locked on that page but Mercury browser works fine and all other apps that need internet like mail, lexulous, ebay, you tube etc are working.

Safari just seemed to stop working this morning it was working normally yesterday, so not sure whats gone wrong with it?
    Try a hard reboot hold down the round button and the power button at the same time untill it powers off then back on

Quote Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
    Try a hard reboot hold down the round button and the power button at the same time untill it powers off then back on
    Also you should sync your iPad on your computer