Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand Controls for Driving - What's New?

Hand Controls for Driving - What's New?

When a purely mechanical type of push-for-brake rotate-for-acceleration hand control method is desired for a quadriplegic driver, is there a newer, sleeker, more integrated model than the MPS today?

www.menox.org

I have Menox in one of my vehicles.

I'm para - still using Monarch, after 20+ years.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Echo on Monarch. I've had 5 different types with Monarch outlasting all the rest. Very durable and dependable with little maintenance.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Exclamation Best Driving Control EVER !!

http://drivingaids.com/

The DADC 500 is the best on the market! I bought mine and had it installed in my Mini Cooper and the vacume assist it like BUTTER! I have had the motorcycle throttle type for the last 16 years and this is by far the most comfortable and smoothist I have tried. I love this and would never trade for another!

Anyone heard of Lynx Hand Controls? I got a friend that used the Mobility Products and Design and after changing to the Lynx, he says it is better as it takes up less space. It is also easily installed and removed in 5-10 minutes. However, only downside is, its not very friendly to those with little hand / finger functions

http://www.lynxcontrols.com/photos/default.htm

That's why I prefer Monarchs

Regarding "... downside is, its not very friendly to those with little hand / finger functions" - based upon the website's description and pictures, that is quite a significant downside.

However, the device does show some innovative thinking and that is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinn.babe View Post
    Anyone heard of Lynx Hand Controls? I got a friend that used the Mobility Products and Design and after changing to the Lynx, he says it is better as it takes up less space. It is also easily installed and removed in 5-10 minutes. However, only downside is, its not very friendly to those with little hand / finger functions

http://www.lynxcontrols.com/photos/default.htm

Be very careful with this type of temporary hand control. When the gas rod is put through the brake handle like that it can bind up. The you are pushing the gas as well as the brake. Bad situation.

Am new to Hand controls. Did allot of research and put in monarchs because they are so solid. Am very happy with them. I break with one finger.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old