Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Potty Training....tips or tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    lol, Sure reminds me of my daughter. I would be changing those dirty underwear and asking her "When Kim, When", she'd reply, "Soon dad, soon". She's 26 now, so well past that potty training stage.
    Yea, I even tried to explain to her that "Dora the Explorer" (the character on her pull ups right now) doesn't like to be wet or messy, because she can't explore with her friends very well, but that hasn't helped much. Pretty soon, I am back to changing a wet or messy pull up.
    Right now, she is more interested in "potty training" her Barney doll than using the potty herself.

It'll happen, it'll happen Bubba. I sure miss those days now. I bet before Christmas she'll be a "big girl". Appreciate it now, cause before you know it, she'll be asking for the car keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    It'll happen, it'll happen Bubba. I sure miss those days now. I bet before Christmas she'll be a "big girl". Appreciate it now, cause before you know it, she'll be asking for the car keys.
    Yea, I agree. Pretty soon, she'll be saying "Auntie, can I have gas money? I have a date tonight."

I decided to get her some cute Dora panties to intice her to go on the potty. Next month, my sister and I both decided to ditch the disposable pull-ups and get some cloth training pants. I saw some at WalMart that Gerber makes that have kitty cats on them, and she loves cats, so I thought she might like them.

My daughter loved silky things so we promised her silky panties when she learned. It worked fast. Good luck.
    C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

My daughter did it al on her own just past the 2 year old mark. One day she refused to wear diapers and that was it !!! No acidents EVER!!! She's 22 now and would kill me if she knew I was writing this!!!!

I don't recall when my boys finally got it but they did on their own time.

They had a kids two step stool to the toilet so they could get on and a smaller inner ring for the seat so they did not fall in.

Big thing is to not get mad or freak out this will just delay the process such as...

My youngest was starting to pee standing up well he in in the bathroom with my wife and he really has to go so down comes his pants and he starts going off like an out of control fire hose pee is going everywhere and she is yelling at him "to grab it and get it under control, it’s on the roof walls and my wife!" Well he is 6 now and refuses to stand and pee his 4 yeard old brother seems to have no problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mombo View Post
    My daughter did it al on her own just past the 2 year old mark. One day she refused to wear diapers and that was it !!! No acidents EVER!!! She's 22 now and would kill me if she knew I was writing this!!!!
    Dang! I wish Brianna was like this. It would make potty training so much easier. One minute, she wants a diaper and the next minute she wants a pull up.
    I also have trouble, because she wants to pee like I do (I use catheters through a mitrofanoff), and its hard to explain to her that she can't pee like that. I don't know how many times she will try to pee through her belly button and then gets upset when nothing will come out. The same with when she sees me wearing adult diapers, due to incontinence. Any tips for this?

With the boys, pull the cheerios trick, toss em in and aim, boy aim!!

Did any of you use a potty training chart, where the kids can put stickers for certain things they did? I recently put one up in my bathroom for Brianna and told her that when all the start had stickers on them, that she would get a special present from Auntie (me).

Did this work with any of your kids? I thought I'd get her a book or a doll as a present. So far, she is still having accidents off and on and really not going in the potty at all, despite wanting to sit on the potty every half hour when our timer dings for her. I am happy that she is willing to sit on the potty without any arguments, but I just wish that she'd go in the potty.

maybe she isnt quite ready.
    leave her potty available, even if it has to be outside the bathroom at first.

I have found the girls much easier to potty train than boys. the girls wanted the big girl pretty panties I bought, said look what you get when you can go pee and poo in the potty!!!

boys got superman underwear or ninja turtles, but still crapped them. I finally got my son to get the picture when I made him rinse out his shitty underwear one day when id had enough. I still feel bad about that, but it did the trick.

I think the girls started sooner too. my daughter was about ten months old, my son three and a half. what a stressfull nightmare it was with him.

by the time mine were done, I got to potty train a few more who were cousins or kids I babysat. a special trip to the underwear department, so they could pick what they wanted helped get things started and motivated, and easy access to a potty helped to as the window between I gotta go, and oops I went is small.

l

the boys didnt want to bother with stopping playing and didnt care if they were packng a turd.