Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gas Powered Wheelchair Races Across US

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    HMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm count me out at the bottom of that Biggest hill
    I'll go with the Gas powered wheelchair He is more fun BTW I love Gas powered machines so to each his own More power to him .
    A disabled guy who won't join the 10,000 d-bags in soapbox derby racers in their race for the cure, eh? Who coulda seen that one coming?

Q.E.D.

Next time post this in the Politcal forum Politics

You got your wires crossed Bin Ladin has nothing to do with a Cure

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Who the hell is the rjg troll, and why is anyone responding to "him"?
    That's a good point Scorpion, in my opinion.

I ofthen wonder when it is the case to ignore idiots that are not acting in support of a cure and when it is the case to fire back.

I believe that in the case of this idiot it is right to ignore him.

When it comes of CDRF or RHF, instaed, it is different as they are leaders of the SCI people in the world, so if thay do or say something that may slow down the cure process we have to aggressively react!
    I have been observing the game for many years now before taking my aggresive attitude that CC member may heve noticed lately...

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

I would ask that people follow the Forum rules. This means not attacking other members or roiling others for the sake of flaming the boards.

If it continues, the thread will be moved to Members Only.

Rjames, maybe you can start again in Announcements or somewhere else. I am sorry your thread was trashed.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    I would ask that people follow the Forum rules. This means not attacking other members or roiling others for the sake of flaming the boards.

Rjames, maybe you can start again in Announcements or somewhere else. I am sorry your thread was trashed.
    Why does it have to be that every time some are arguing and maybe using a little colorful language like this rjg dude does to make his points the threat of moving and locking of threads appears? I don’t see many personal attacs here, if any it must be by Scorpion and Paolo calling rjg dude a troll and an idiot. Relax and take it easy.

How is a guy working a job bringing awareness to the cure? He may impress his fellow workers a little but does nothing as far as spreading the awareness for a cure. What has Krauthammer ever done to promote a cure. He justs thinks of himself and the almighty Right wing agenda. Most don't even realize he's in a chair.

Chet is out there in publc ,speaking about the need and bringing more awareness than you ever will working your job. For me, that is a pretty good job to have. It takes dedication and work to do a tour of that magnitude.

This thread wasn't about "dumb" sci people who don't work; it was about someone who is going the extra mile, no pun intended, to bring awareness to the cure.

Rick Hansen never worked a day in his life until he finished his run. If he had followed your sage advice about being sci and too dumb to matter, the RHF would never have existed.

When I first read rjg's comments, I thought that DA was back, a pissed off newbie or troll was posting. Looking for his profile I see there wasn't one; so too me he is just a troll. I don't mind being called dumb or a d-bag; just want to know who is saying it. Esp. one with only 90 posts on site.
    Last edited by Patrick Madsen; 06-18-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rjg View Post
    Krauthammer goes into wide broad range of folks' homes and, whether he wants to or not, shows them that a few of us are worth saving. The impact he's made as a camera-ready quad with a wikipedia page vastly outweighs the impact he's made as one of a million anti-stem cell voices.

And the professional cripples aren't subhuman- they just aren't nearly as useful as a few of you seem to think. Some d-bag taking his soapbox derby racer from rehab hospital to rehab hospital, or some perpetual victim in a chair who "bravely" speaks at every stem cell shindig in the Americas, is preaching to the choir in the least useful way possible. You think Wise Young doesn't know sci is no fun? He needs to be reminded? We have more than enough professional cripples. We need a few more Krauthammer types who can go out and command the respect of the broader world, instead of begging for sympathy from those who are already on our side.
    I believe you are not so up-to-date when it comes to current cure working spinal cord injured people and you seams to be a bit delusional regarding that, probably since you have been stuck in your office with you’re coffee machine the last decades brushing dust of the photo frame of Krauthammer and organizing you’re binders of ancient merits in you’re moth-eaten fake mahogany bookshelf, what do I know, you don’t reveal much. -SCI cure work has noting to do with the things you say, like; “bravely” speaking at “every” stem cell conferences or similar, and sure good doctors and scientists don’t have to be reminded about anything, also, it has nothing to do with begging for sympathy being “crybabies” like you seams to hint, - one are not victims in the sense of begging other humans or any authorities, like governments. -What I have seen is this; the spinal cord injury peoples and their families I have met is very much up to par both when it comes to the science and also how to achieve long term goals and visions. They are no short time thinking magical pill believers like you seams to imply. Instead many of these SCI advocates for cures works very hard with clear defined strategies and visions focusing on the goals. They also build partnerships and networks, meaning they becomes partners with clinicians, scientists and politicians for solid fundaments and infrastructure to work from to be able to conquer common goals, and that actually requires some hard work, much more than most of the so-called people with “big boy” jobs you refer too, and believe me, I have been working there too, an many of those should have been fired for incompetence and pure laziness way faster than the people you call d-bags.

My suggestion to you would be get out of you’re office, you seams to be stuck in you’re own bulb, maybe get some sun? Maybe you could join this wheeler across the continent, I believe it could do you and many some good. Well, if Krauthammer approves though, but you can check, maybe he needs a little air and a road trip himself? Hey, he could even have this flag on his wheelchair saying ban hESCR! (he wouldn’t come far though, newspapers might report); “Hammer was speeding to much and went over a cliff on the descent from the Rockies due to ‘some problems’ in the road…” Hey you could invite Father Tad too? He also has a 'job'.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    I believe you are not so up-to-date when it comes to current cure working spinal cord injured people and you seams to be a bit delusional regarding that, probably since you have been stuck in your office with you’re coffee machine the last decades brushing dust of the photo frame of Krauthammer and organizing you’re binders of ancient merits in you’re moth-eaten fake mahogany bookshelf, what do I know, you don’t reveal much. -SCI cure work has noting to do with the things you say, like; “bravely” speaking at “every” stem cell conferences or similar, and sure good doctors and scientists don’t have to be reminded about anything, also, it has nothing to do with begging for sympathy being “crybabies” like you seams to hint, - one are not victims in the sense of begging other humans or any authorities, like governments. -What I have seen is this; the spinal cord injury peoples and their families I have met is very much up to par both when it comes to the science and also how to achieve long term goals and visions. They are no short time thinking magical pill believers like you seams to imply. Instead many of these SCI advocates for cures works very hard with clear defined strategies and visions focusing on the goals. They also build partnerships and networks, meaning they becomes partners with clinicians, scientists and politicians for solid fundaments and infrastructure to work from to be able to conquer common goals, and that actually requires some hard work, much more than most of the so-called people with “big boy” jobs you refer too, and believe me, I have been working there too, an many of those should have been fired for incompetence and pure laziness way faster than the people you call d-bags.

My suggestion to you would be get out of you’re office, you seams to be stuck in you’re own bulb, maybe get some sun? Maybe you could join this wheeler across the continent, I believe it could do you and many some good. Well, if Krauthammer approves though, but you can check, maybe he needs a little air and a road trip himself? Hey, he could even have this flag on his wheelchair saying ban hESCR! (he wouldn’t come far though, newspapers might report); “Hammer was speeding to much and went over a cliff on the descent from the Rockies due to ‘some problems’ in the road…” Hey you could invite Father Tad too? He also has a 'job'.
    well said my friend, well said and thank you for all that you are doing for SCI research.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post

Hey Cheese,

can you explain what are you referring at more precisely?

Where have you been (and other moderators too) when I have been insulted & attached????
    I have been wonderning many times about the rules of this forum being applied in a discrimnating manner?

Do you want me to give you some example?

Be nice please

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Hey Cheese,

can you explain what are you referring at more precisely?

Where have you been (and other moderators too) when I have been insulted & attached????
    I have been wonderning many times about the rules of this forum being applied in a discrimnating manner?

Do you want me to give you some example?

Be nice please

Paolo
    Well Paolo, I was not referring to either you or Leif so I find it interesting that you point out my request but let another Mods earlier request just slide by.

I will find the Forum Guidelines and provide you with a link. Do you wish that I also point out what comments I was referring to and what rule they violated? Bit of a waste of my time, but if you want, I can.

Where have I been when you were being attacked? Well, I can honestly say I don't recall seeing you personally attacked. I am not on the boards 24/7. I work, have kids and am generally very busy. That being said, I apologize if I missed personal attacks towards you.
    Every day I wake up is a good one