Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: getting a new chair

i have another question. I was told today by sunrise that the Q7 is K0005 Coded. Also D's locks are now medicare coded. any one with any experiance with Q7 and D's Locks?
    I demo'ed a saber and a Q7. I absolutely loved the Q7 the saber was nice. but the Q7 omg. If I wasn't engaged to my sweet fiance I would ask the Q7 to marry me. lol. j/k.

anyone get a Q7 approved on medicare? I really would like this chair with D's locks.

I love having D's on my AeroZ. I got my chair through the VA, though, so I don't know about Medicare funding. I'm guessing Medicare will pay for the Q7 because it's coded K0005; I have no idea about the D's.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I love having D's on my AeroZ. I got my chair through the VA, though, so I don't know about Medicare funding. I'm guessing Medicare will pay for the Q7 because it's coded K0005; I have no idea about the D's.
    did you get a chance to try the Q7?

tried a Q7 with D's and spox rims. it was soooo nice. the chair i have is a quickie. I do like quickie. unbelievably litet. excelnt ride

I did try a aero with d's and spox.. it was nice as well. wieghed more than the Q7 was not as nice of a ride.

and i tried a saber was nice. it was stock! this chair was lite stock.

the razor was there too but alot heaver than the others.

althou after comparing the 4 I really really like the Q7.

Chas,
    Just so you know the Razorblade is now fully adjustable including the rear seat height. Their old style (that you pictured above) that they called the "pork chop" (??? IDK why) is now phased out and they have a fully adjustable mount instead. I do not like the new design as much as I liked the pork chop. If you wanted to change the RSH with the pork chop you just ordered a diff size.
    As far as getting parts for Colours and/or Quickie...I call bull. Colours is located here in So. Cal and is very easy to contact. I have gone to Colours several times (my tennis chair is a Colours, and I am in the process of getting a Zephyr everyday chair). My guess is that your DME might have a stock of parts for chairs that he commonly sells, and just doesn't want to have to do the work to get parts for your specific chair?
    Also, as Patrick said earlier Colours has not always had the greatest customer service. I have seen this switch drastically since some restructuring in the company recently. They are getting back to the "small shop" feel and have been very responsive. TiLite on the other hand, who I had no problems with when I got my AeroZ a bit over 2 years ago, has not returned a phone call or email in MONTHS! I am getting VERY frustrated with this situation, and that is part of the reason I went with Colours for my new chair. If I were closer to Washington I would pop into their shop, but can't do that. I like having the freedom here to drive less than 30 min and roll up to Colours when I need something. I am a LOT harder to ignore that way!
    Make the decision that will be right for YOU. Good luck!
    Mandy
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    did you get a chance to try the Q7?
    No I didn't try the Q7. It was brand new on the market when I was looking, and it (still) doesn't have several of the features I need (i.e., compatible with power assist, flip-back footrest, 14.5" RSH w/ 24" wheels). It was available features that led me to the AeroZ, not weight.

Quote Originally Posted by CurvySAT05 View Post
    Chas,
    Just so you know the Razorblade is now fully adjustable including the rear seat height. Mandy
    Good to know!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I have the Tilite Tr and consider one of the best I've had in 38 yrs.
    +1 on the TR -- virtually indestructible -- also, might want to consider titanium (from whatever vendor) -- the bare metal will look better in the long run versus powder coat.