Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: marathon v righht runs

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    i have always ran rr, but recently switched to marathon plus. i like them better. yes a bit heavier popping wheels on/off during car transfer but overall a way stronger tire. i dont notice any difference in the performance. irun them at 145 just like i did rr's
    -
    the mp is a stronger tire, but i really can feel the difference rolling with mp and rr, i prefer rr so far for my rides.

this pic would be ok here.

Quote Originally Posted by BriRi View Post
    Yeah, not sure that the weight of a Spinergy LX w/ Marathon should be a concern to any one with the ability to transfer to and from a bed, chair, car etc... If that's just too heavy I would suggest a power chair
    See, in my mind the weight is important not just when you're taking the wheels off, but you're also pushing that weight around all the time. Weight of tire contributes to total weight of the chair.

An observation. I just put brand new Marathon Plus Evolution tires on my chair last night, replacing another set, and the new set feel spongy and I notice a little rolling resistance in comparison to my older ones that I took off. This makes me wonder if they either harden up over time or if after some of the top layer of rubber wears off they have less resistance.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    An observation. I just put brand new Marathon Plus Evolution tires on my chair last night, replacing another set, and the new set feel spongy and I notice a little rolling resistance in comparison to my older ones that I took off. This makes me wonder if they either harden up over time or if after some of the top layer of rubber wears off they have less resistance.
    In that case, I'll take the old set off your hands!

Have you tried a "court" tire such as a RightRun/SpeedRun/Kontender? I switched from the horrrible solid Shox straight to SpeedRuns and my shoulders are still thanking me. I'll agree with john that they do slide rather vexatiously on smooth cement but not having any tread to track shit into the house is worth it to me. The last freak snowstorm we had made me realize treaded tires are over-rated. I have a set of SLX's with 2" knobbies for powder days but otherwise gimme my SpeedRuns!
    Kinda funny I run SR's on my day-chair and herringbone-treaded RightRuns on my sports chair. I find the slight tread used with the high camber grips the floor better as well the sidewalls are stiffer which equates to less flats caused by impacts from other players.

An observation. I just put brand new Marathon Plus Evolution tires on my chair last night , and the new set feel spongy and I notice a little rolling resistance .
    I never liked Marathon because that, very resistence and high puncture protections, but heavies and spongies.

I feel in a Marathon with 145 psi same as in my right runs with 60 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    In that case, I'll take the old set off your hands!
    Well, the reason for the new ones is because one of the old ones has about a 1.5" slit in it.

Have you tried a "court" tire such as a RightRun/SpeedRun/Kontender? I switched from the horrrible solid Shox straight to SpeedRuns and my shoulders are still thanking me. I'll agree with john that they do slide rather vexatiously on smooth cement but not having any tread to track shit into the house is worth it to me. The last freak snowstorm we had made me realize treaded tires are over-rated. I have a set of SLX's with 2" knobbies for powder days but otherwise gimme my SpeedRuns!
    Kinda funny I run SR's on my day-chair and herringbone-treaded RightRuns on my sports chair. I find the slight tread used with the high camber grips the floor better as well the sidewalls are stiffer which equates to less flats caused by impacts from other players.
    I have never considered the other tires because I prefer tires with tread for our winter weather. You being in Canada clearly have worse winters, but you also mention the ability to switch tires, this isn't an option for me.

I need to comment, for those that haven't used MP's, these are still far better than regular non-high pressure tires.

My next tires will be speedruns.

I haven't been able to figure out the difference between Marathon Plus and Marathon Plus Evolution. My chair came with the Evo's so I stayed with them.

I haven't been able to figure out the difference between Marathon Plus and Marathon Plus Evolution. My chair came with the Evo's so I stayed with them.
    According to Schwalbe's website, MPEs are nonmarking (Black&Roll) while MPs are not. I think that's the only difference.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    According to Schwalbe's website, MPEs are nonmarking (Black&Roll) while MPs are not. I think that's the only difference.
    Thanks Chas, that is all I saw as well but was thinking there must be more, maybe not.