Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: really bad pain for over 24 hrs, think i'm going crazy

really bad pain for over 24 hrs, think i'm going crazy

i have bad pain times, i mean real bad where i don't even move as it'll bring me to tears. i'm in pain 24/7 but this really unbearable, wanna die pain usually recedes enough in 24 hrs to a ok, i can do this. this episode is real bad. and still going on.

when to turn to morphine? and no, i have no uti, etc. never causes this anyway.

was up all night, trying to sleep all day, pain invaded my sleep. no escape. i'll be up all night again if it doesn't let up.

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    i have bad pain times, i mean real bad where i don't even move as it'll bring me to tears. i'm in pain 24/7 but this really unbearable, wanna die pain usually recedes enough in 24 hrs to a ok, i can do this. this episode is real bad. and still going on.

when to turn to morphine? and no, i have no uti, etc. never causes this anyway.

was up all night, trying to sleep all day, pain invaded my sleep. no escape. i'll be up all night again if it doesn't let up.
    Sorry to hear this Cass. No one should have to suffer like this.

ty tburst, i just dunno what to do. i'm hoping it'll back off soon or i need real help, total knock out help. i sure hope others have better help for the pain or never have it. i've never had it so bad.

thinking of you. sorry it's so bad.

Cass

Very sorry you are in an intense pain situation, ie more intense than usual. I have not found pain really eases up to any degree, but I have found that social, personal, and other situations sometimes ease up so that the pain is less relevant. I don't know if this applies to you, but if you can manage some of the additive stress, perhaps you will gain strength against the pain. It does leave one speechless and puzzled, and I can only sympathize, not recommend a remedy. You are a smart person and I know you have already given this much thought, and probably tried everything, but sometimes you just have to put yourself first and get a good grasp of your limitations and stay within them. In short, selfish survival.

Alternatively, sometimes finding a pleasant or interesting activity, a book even, can help. Try beautiful music. Medicinally, you know the tradeoff and it is not an easy equation to solve, particularly when the benefit is slight. Something is hypersensitizing you and this can be very unexpected, since Central Pain follows no logic. Perhaps keep your room temperature constant. Seasonal changes tend to kick off difficult times for me. Hoping things improve for you.

The literature reported people who had an intact motor unit, but were functionally paralyzed because of kinesthetic dysesthesia. More common are those who move a little, but pay a price, but they gradually lose fitness because it just simply hurts to use the muscles. Your pain with movement may well be this "kinesthetic dysesthesia". Its evil twin is "isometric dysesthesia" (ie pain when you stop moving, as if you have made yourself sore, also called "confinement cramps") Both of these are far more common than would be indicated by the literature. At least twenty percent of those with CP indicated they had this in one survey. Sometimes the muscle pain manifests as pain from anything that isn't perfectly smooth, such as a wrinkle in the sheets. We have had posters here before who had this, who say they feel like the princess who could feel a pea under the mattress. Sounds funny, but it makes sleep difficult. Maybe you could at least take something for sleep so you can have a little energy while you are awake to combat the pain.
    Last edited by dejerine; 06-13-2011 at 04:04 AM.

Cass,

I'm so sorry your having such a hard time right now . I don't have any advice. I just wanted to let you know that I'm having a really crappy time in the pain department too so, your not alone.

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

I am sorry for your pain, the only thing I know you can try is to take something so you fall asleep. We have some nasty pills called Nozinan, levomepromazin, it is a neuroleptica and they can be used for pain too. I never have taken them for pain, but if I take 10mg, I sleep. I have maybe done it three times but those times I had so much pain I couldn't make it. And I slept and slept and slept and when I woke up it was better.

But for me sleeping has always been helping. Even now, when I have found my coctail, it happens I get pain, and then I can sleep for hours, I can sleep 16 hours a day, so I think if you don't sleep your pain is getting worse.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    when to turn to morphine?
    Today. At least give it a try. Honestly, Cass, the doctor gave me a script of morphine for a torn tendon last week. I was a bit freaked and expected that it would make my head foggy, but that was a totally wrong assumption. It appears the doc knew what he was talking about. What a relief!

Don't wait another day! You don't need to take it if it doesn't work, but if it does, you'll have a whole new lease on life. The only shame involved here would be if you didn't give it a try...

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama

Cass, so sorry you are dealing with this ugly pain..I was on morphine in the hospital and since then I am on percacet some days my pain is more tolorable so I cut back on the dosage of perc maybe cutting in quarters even. I also am on gabapentin and that makes me feel a little foggy. For me when I get bad pain I just want to lay down and go to sleep and hope when I wakw up I am better.

You say you can't sleep do you take anything to help you sleep? I would think you know your body and your pain and if you are thinking of morphine then I think you should talk with your Dr. and maybe try it out.

You are always so sweet on here with your posts and everyone loves you, so you know lots of us have you in our prayers. Pain Pain go away and don't come back another day is what I sing!!
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Have you talked to your doc since this latest flare? Is there anything that has given you some relief in the past when the pain was so intense?
    If morphine would get you through this I say give it a trial.
    Sorry I am no help cass. Wish I could be.