Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: really bad pain for over 24 hrs, think i'm going crazy

I would try some kind of pain med's for sure.
    c3/c4, injured 2007

cass, PLEASE USE THE MORPHINE or whatever meds your doc will give you.

You've lived with terrible pain for years, all the while refusing to try narcotic pain meds.

The time for resistance is long past. Take the morphine and see if it helps. If it makes you sleepy, good! Use it to get much needed rest, which will help you cope without the drug during your waking hours.

Try it. If it doesn't work or you don't like it, at least you know. But if it does help, it will give you your life back. That's well worth the price of admission.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Morphine now Cass. You need relief from the pain, and maybe the morphine will give it to you. I take it and it helps. When my doc first put me on it I was concerned my local pharmacy would think I was a junkie or something, but my doctor explained the dose is very different and it is clearly marked for pain relief. Feel better.

Cass, got some dilaudid or morphine, just sittin in my pouch, I use it when I have the pain that won't go away. Hope your doing better.

Saddens me to hear your in such discomfort. Hoping you have found some relief by now. Chronic pain is one of the most life zapping things there is. ((Hugs)) and prayers your way, Cass!!

Cass, I fought against taking the morphine for a long, long time. Turns out it's been the only thing that has helped me.....or at least putting it into the combo of gabapentin and hydrocodone..... It does'nt make me foggy or whatever it is you might expect, and it does'nt get rid of all of the pain. It just makes it tolerable.

I highly suggest that if you've got morphine......give it a try. The more sleep you lose...the worse the pain will get. I know.....so at least use it long enough to get through this......will be thinking about you........