Thread: Duplicated postings

Duplicated postings

There have been too many duplicated posts of the same things... Please, everybody, before you post topics, please check to make sure that it has not been posted

Just two examples...

Dr. J. J. just posted "Having Liposuction? Give The Fat To Scientists" on May 6 but it had already been posted by Max on on May 2

Dr. J. J. just posted "Brain's 'Glue' May Help Form New Cells" on May 6 but I had posted it on May 1 and then Max posted a duplicate on May 2

I just removed the duplicates. When you post news articles, you should at minimum pay attention to what has already been posted. It is very easy to do a search to find the articles.

Wise.

dublicate info!

Dr. Young:

If you only check the site only 1/week and don't have time to view more that the last 50 posts and all the replies to the post, then you would not know what key words to search for? As a life long educator, I find a little duplication and review of the weeks "highlights" more benefical than harmful! However, your the boss and I will try to follow your advice.

JJG

Thanks for this reminder Dr. Young.

Dr. J. J.

I realize that it is difficult to read all the posts... even though I spend a lot of hours on this site, I often miss postings that others have made. In general, the moderators have been relatively tolerant of duplication on this site and postings are generally not removed if they have any response to them.

What I now do is a quick search for an unusual word in the posting that I am about to make... So, for example, I did a search for "liposuction" on the first post and a search for "glue" for the second post. This pulled out all the posts that had these words.

Wise.

Guys, please check the forums first to make sure an article you're about to post hasn't already been posted.

Thanks.

I will try...

...not to duplicate my posts.

I will try...

...not to duplicate my posts.

sorry Dr. Wise...couldn't resist